B-24 Liberator Diorama - 1/48th Scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is truly amazing work!!! I just spent the better part of an hour reading and studying each post. I now know why i stopped building plastic models!!! I am much better off working in wood and metal, but always enjoy seeing the great work you all do!!!

Terry

You take it easy Terry, stay warm, get well and keep taking the warm whisky and lemon medicinal drinks. You can substitute brandy with lemon if you prefer, works just as well. :lol::D

After five hours work, one of the resin engines is finished, with plug leads added using lead wire, and the push rod tubes made from stretched sprue.
The keen-eyed will notice that there are only single wires to the rear cylinders, and they also lack the push rods. This is due to restricted space between the moulded cylinders, and the push rods are hidden behind the front bank of cylinders anyway.
Apologies for the poor photo - no matter how I tried, I couldn't get enough light, at the right angles, to bring out the details. The colours are a bit "off" too, as the firewall is actually yellow zinc chromate, with an "oily" wash.
Note that the push rods have yet to have a clear gloss coat applied.

So, one down, three more to go, with around a further 15 hours work to finish the engines.

B-24 Diorama 458.JPG

Still got alot of posts to catch up on (trying to hurry up with my own builds!) but loving what I've seen so far of this project Terry.
Hope you get well soon mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back