B-24 Liberator Diorama - 1/48th Scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still working on the starboard wing.
I seem to have misplaced my second reel of the needed gauge of lead wire. It's probably hiding somewhere, and can't be far away, so hopefully I'll be able to find it and complete the wiring of the final engine.
Back when there's more to show ......................

Thanks Evan.
If it doesn't turn up, I need to re-stock anyway, so I can get more within a couple of days.

A tad early in the morning for me!.......................... :D
It's sunset. Go ahead.
IMG_2234.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I did have a rather large snifter (or two ...), and the re-stock of lead wire arrived today (Tuesday), so I was able to finish the wiring on the final engine.
Both starboard engines are now fully wired and have had the push-rod tubes added, from stretched sprue, and details painted.
I hope to fit these into the nacelles tomorrow (er, later today, having just noticed the time here !), and then join the wing.
All being well, I'll post progress pics later today.

Pic below shows the three sizes of lead wire.

Buys 612.JPG

The starboard wing is now almost completed, with just a little sanding and a sink mark to be attended to.
The resin engines have had the wiring and push rods added, and have been painted and installed, and the wing joined.
As expected, the joints along the nacelles, the cowl rings and wing leading edge needed a lot of work, but this has now been done, and the areas checked for flaws by applying a thin coat of matt white enamel, roughly brushed on. Cowling panel lines have also been engraved where needed.
Once the paint has fully hardened, a couple of very small imperfections, and the sink mark, will be dealt with, and then the paint sanded back.

Pics show how things look at the moment and, all being well, I hope to start work on the fuselage interior over the weekend.

B-24 Diorama 491.JPG
B-24 Diorama 496.JPG
B-24 Diorama 497.JPG
B-24 Diorama 501.JPG
B-24 Diorama 502.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back