Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Me-163

• Yokosuka Ohka

• P-80

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
FLYBOYJ said:
You could by an L-29 in decent condition for about 40K. Fuel is about $300.00 and hour

Is that it? ;)

Actually it costs us about $2000 an hour to fly our Blackhawks.[/quote]

YEP - They're pretty cheap and bullet proof. Parts aren't that expensive and there's a gut in Thermal Ca. that worked at the Areo factory, knows these things inside and out. If you're a pilot with an A&P and can half-way swing a wrench, you'll have no problem taking care of one, but again, $300.00 an hour for fuel - YIKES!

delcyros said:
There are some interesting projects, too:
In Fürstenwalde / Berlin was a employmental project called "Historischer Flugzeugbau" (historical airplane construction), which managed to build historic airplanes, also. They started with the famous Etrich Taube of 1911, continued with a huge Farman biplane and a Albatros C-II twoseater. All was done properly, these airplanes are in flyable conditions (I think a few have been seen at ILA, too.), except maybe the Farman, there have been problems with the czech made airscrew. Next project was a Fokker D-VII, it remained unfinished (but in progressive stage of construction) because other organizations like "Flugwerke" (to name one) argued them to be kind of concurrence. By the way they introduced justice, Fürstenwalde stopped the project. It is really a shame.And it is interesting to note that this happens directly after it was known that Historischer Flugzeugbau planned to build a Focke Wulf-190 A-4. The whole airfield (including all planes of Historischer Flugzeugbau) was sold in 2002 to a very unthrusty private for no more than 50.000 ? (!). I am convinced that these planes will be seen the next months on the market...

WOW! LET US KNOW IF YOU HEAR ANY MORE OF THIS :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back