Best weekend EVER

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That looks like a great museum. Interesting a boat was shown. Is that one of the German S-Boats or an Allied Rescue Launch you showed? Although I don't think it is an Allied Rescue Launch as it is equiped with torpedoes....

That PT boat is the only one on exhibit that actually saw combat duty during WWII. It served for 18 months in the Med, then was brought back to New York for refitting to be sent to the pacific, but the war ended. All the other PT's were stripped and sold or roped together and burned.

The museum brought in the PT, then built the building around it. They know this PT sunk 1 ship and assisted in another.

Fredricksburg is about an hour N-NW of San Antonio in the beautiful hill country. It's also where you will find the best white tail hunting in the USA. Kimball county has more white tail per acre than anywhere in the US. There are also ranches there that do exotic hunts so it's not uncommon at all to see antelopes, zebras, etc while driving along the many roads.

Did you ever get down to Uvalde?

Behind the rocks.

Thor either you don't get out much or Texas is really big. Man, that is a great find! Any more little places like that and you'll have a neighbor that talks funny.:)

Did you ever get down to Uvalde?

Freebird, I grew up hunting all around Uvalde, Hondo, and Yancey. I have some very good friends that have lived in Uvalde all their lives.

Behind the rocks.

Thor either you don't get out much or Texas is really big. Man, that is a great find! Any more little places like that and you'll have a neighbor that talks funny.:)

We have towns bigger than New Jersey!!!! ha ha ha

It is as bad as trying to see the waterfalls in the breaking news thread.
I wish you did not tell everyone about the museum. Now there is going to be a crowd. Fredricksburg is a nice place to hang out. If you go, book a room at the Hanger Hotel

Hangar Hotel

DBII

You won't set us up in your place DB? I'm sure the missus wouldn't mind! :)

All these things Thor is finding has got me itchin'. Summers coming!!

Freebird, I grew up hunting all around Uvalde, Hondo, and Yancey. I have some very good friends that have lived in Uvalde all their lives.

I've driven down a few times from Canada on 25 287 to Amarillo, then down on the 84 to Sweetwater and then on the 83 through Junction to Laredo. It's a fantastic drive through the hill country around Uvalde. I'll have to stop in Fredricksburg to see the sights sometime, maybe I'll see you there too? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back