Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maaaaaaan love that MOPAR! Only thing close to the Shaker hood is the Air Grabber hood....pedal to the metal and it pops up! Sweeeeeet! Love those gasser '55 Chevys!

Super shots Aaron mate!

The guys that took me up flying last year have a fly-in this weekend at their home field in Morganton NC at the Foothills Airport. I'm am going to do my best to get down there Saturday and get some photos and relax. The fly-in is both Saturday and Sunday so anyone close is welcome to show up. Bryan had the T-28C painted over the winter and I would like to see it all shined up.:lol:
I sure hope you get a chance to meet up with your friends this weekend, be a good chance to get in some photos, flyin' and R&R!

Maaaaaaan love that MOPAR! Only thing close to the Shaker hood is the Air Grabber hood....pedal to the metal and it pops up! Sweeeeeet! Love those gasser '55 Chevys!

Super shots Aaron mate!

Thank you Lucky,:oops: eventually we will get one finished. We are still waiting for a engine for the 71 Road Runner:mad: , the 68 Camaro almost has a engine:|. I have a feeling I'm going to be backed up before to long.:)
I sure hope you get a chance to meet up with your friends this weekend, be a good chance to get in some photos, flyin' and R&R!
There's always a chance but I'll be happy just to hang around the friends and the airplanes.:D
Sounds like fun, Aaron. Get some great shots of the new paint job on the T-28.
That is a definite Eric. I will see if I can better myself as far as the photos. Oh, and I've learned a new trick, HDRI. Well.....I haven't learned it yet but I'm waiting to try it out. :D8)
Looking forward to the pictures Aaron!

Will do my best Gnomey.:oops:

It looks like I'll be home on Saturday, Aaron. I had hoped to make the short (?) trek down for the fly-in. I hope the weather holds out; for both of us since I have to finish replacing my outdoor faucet that I've put off way too long.
Enjoy!
Derek

:( Can you replace it in a couple of evenings?:) Wish you could make it Derek. I wish I had my ElCamino done cause the roads are curvy and they really need some straightening if you know what I mean.:twisted:

Ok, remember the 70' GTX that we had striped down to the bare essentials. Well we got it back together body wise and under primer. Paul and I got the body work roughed in and I primed it Thursday.]

Dude...you turned it into a hovercraft...love the colour co-ordinated skirt !!!!

Sorry, could'nt resist that.

Stunning action shots...again !. Love the tractor pulling pics. I used to watch a lot of European circuit pullers when I had satellite TV...my favourites where all powered by Griffons or multiple Allisons (Can you believe four Allisons on one rig...OMG...you should see the flames from the exhausts !!!!). Going to have to go up in the loft, get the video player down and watch a few old, faded video's of Modifieds in action now.

Gary, I would think something was wrong if someone didn't poke fun or give me some grief.:lol: :lol: And thank you for the complement on the tractor pull shots. They actually amazed me on how well they turned out. I finally realized I can use the shutter speed to get more light and if I back off on the F-stop to give myself a little room and compensate with the shutter speed they turn out even better. Now, if I can just remember all that.:lol:

I went to the fly in today and had a blast. I saw a lot of neat stuff. Mostly civil. Bryan had his three out there with Terry and Kieth and I owe them a hugeTHANK YOU for the hospitality and another flight. There were a lot of old, fantastic craft out there today and I got to talk to a lot of great folks. Oh, and Eric, I was mistaken about the paint job on the T-28. They redid the small lettering and are planning to redo the insignia and Bryan said he was going to see how it went this summer and try to paint the whole aircraft painted then.:D Ok, time for the photos.
1.)This aircraft has been HEAVILY MODIFIED. Any of you guys know what it was originaly. Oh and Terry you can't guess seeing as how you told me what it was.:lol:
IMG_7971 resized 25 legal.jpg

2.) Husky
IMG_7973 resized 25 legal.jpg

3.) Maule
IMG_7976 resized 25 legal.jpg

4.) Waco
IMG_7978 resized 25 legal.jpg

5.) Stearman PT-17
IMG_7981 resized 25 legal.jpg

6.) Bryan's T-28C
IMG_7986 resized 25 legal.jpg

7.) " "
IMG_7985 resized 25 legal.jpg

8.) Grass strip with 8 to 10 foot hedgerow.:shock::lol: And thank you Terry for giving me the chance to fly some even if I did scare you a little.:oops:
IMG_8003 resized 25 legal.jpg

9.) Piper Stinson 49, Terry told me that this craft was Mr. Piper's personal plane and I did get to meet the gentleman who currently owns it.:8)
IMG_8006 resized 25 legal.jpg

Thank you Shinpachi.:oops: I was fighting the the sun and clouds all day but they did turn out fair.:)
The gentleman who owns the Piper Stinson also owns this. He was an engineer for Ford Motor Company. The car is a replica and has a stroked 302 cubic inch motor that now displaces 331 cubic inches. And with the 180 degree headers:!: what a sound:!:8):shock::!:8)8)8)8)8):!:

Attachments

• IMG_7995 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7995 resized 25 legal.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7992 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7992 resized 25 legal.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7968 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7968 resized 25 legal.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7966 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_7966 resized 25 legal.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Some excellent shots and looked like some excellent weather! The airplane in the first photo of #1231 looks like a weird offspring of a P-47 and a Mustang (or at least its rudder). Is it a P-47 fuselage without the whole supercharger structure? And it looks to have dual seats, too.
Cool day for sure.
Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back