Cold War classic: Magyar MiG-15bisz, Group build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey, thanks guys! Y'all be good now while I'm gone! ...or if you can't be good, be good at it! :) :)

Jack has been hammered at school with end of the year projects, so no progress in the last week. Since I am his "Project Consultant" no recent progress on my XF-85 either, although we both have the base coat on the cockpit tubs.

Thanks Karl!

Glenn, my earlier reply to you didn't work for some reason...wanted to say that the school work is more important of course (this coming from someone who hated the place :) ).
Be great to see how both projects progress when you've more time though.

Last edited:
Maybe they should include model making in schools. It would certainly focus young minds towards detail, planning, discipline, tidiness, care and attention etc.

They did in one of the schools I briefly attended (I moved around alot even then). It was on a six month basis, and so popular they had to turn people away (myself included, dammit).
They also had a large glass display case in the centre of the library, with changing model displays. Still remember a Tamiya 1:35 SdKfz 7/1 someone did, pulling an 88 mm Flak 36 (also Tamiya)...

G'day guys!

Between work and frustration at the inaccuracies of the Italeri/ Dragon kit, nothing much has happened with this build. However...
FINALLY managed to score the KP models MiG-15 bis/Lim-2/SB kit over the weekend, which despite the 'older' nature of the mouldings, is by all accounts the ONLY accurately shaped MiG-15 available in 1:72.

This airframe combined with the detail components from the Ital./ Dragon kit (plus alot of scratchbuilding in the cockpit area...) looks bang on, as someone proved in a model magazine here, so hope to have some progress for yas when I come back to Pécs next!

(BTW, KP was trading under the Kopro name for a while - have now rereleased entire range under the original name.)

Attachments

• STA50644.JPG
    STA50644.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 115
  • STA50645.JPG
    STA50645.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 100
  • STA50646.JPG
    STA50646.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 95
Hey, thanks mate! :D

Just a quick visit again as it turns out, I travel back to Budapest (and isolation from the net) tonight, but hope to make it back in 2-3 weeks...see yas then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back