Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TonyB : Mig-17F 'Fresco' NVAF Vietnam 1968

• TonyB : F7U-3M Cutlass USN VX-4 'Evaluators' circa 1955

• Dirkpitt289 : SR-71 Blackbird 17978, Rapid Rabbit

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK Guys, one of the things we have included in the Group Builds is a Members Choice Award, deemed Best Model Overall, based on the number of votes by Members...

Poll will run for 10 days, so get ur vote in for whose model u deem Best in Show.......

Heres a link that has all the Finished Builds:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/6-cold-war-projects/finished-shots-each-build-26918.html

Also please, if u havent already, take a look at all the ***FINISHED threads for each kit ur considering, as there are 10 great shots of each model...

Last edited:
Being a Judge, and a meticulous Judge at that, I've seen all these planes in their glory many times... 5 of em stand above the rest for me, and narrowing them down to one is REAL tough...

Rochies A-10
Terry's Mig 21
Jamie's F-15
Vic's F-100D
Magnu's A-10

Had to go through those threads and really look at the models. Everyone did a great job. Finally went with TBolt's Goblin - the scratchbuilt trailer and the painting is awesome!

It's been a hard one and a close call with Rochie's (Karl) A10, vikingBerserker (David's) excellent camo Viggen and T Bolt (Glenn's) Goblin. In the end, even at the risk of ousting myself from contention, I've gone for the Goblin, the NMF and cradle are brilliant.

Incredible builds folks and with a bit more practice we will all be getting as good at building as them Wayne and Wojetk fellows.

I gave this a lot of thought and spent a lot of time going through the build pictures and finally narrowed it down to two builds, both by Vic. The F-105 and the RF-8A Crusader. Although the NMF finish in the Hun is spectacular, the amazing detail of the Crusaders cockpit and wheel bays, and other modifications Vic did on it sold it for me.

Very tough indeed, with a number in close competition for me. Narrowed it down to one of Vic's Crusaders, his F100 and Glenn's Goblin. Two tosses of the coin to get to the final, and the Super Sabre got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back