**** DONE: 1/48 Ju-87B-2 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Damn. Acrylics, of the 3 types of paints, are the least durable and need to be handled with care. All I can think of is that the maybe your tape was way too tacky. Real sorry Paul.

Same Tamiya and blue painters that I always use, I'm thinking I got a couple of bad bottles. The color was off on the 71 to begin with, and the 70 looks weird too...
Gonna try again with Vallejo.

Not good. Certainly sounds like 'bad' paint Paul, particularly as the shade, as you say, seemed to be 'off' also.
Before you apply the tape, especially the ordinary painter's tape, pull it between finger and thumb first, to remove some of the tack. This will reduce the possibility of it lifting the paint when removed.

Sorry to see that Paul the one time I used MM acrylics the same thing happened to me I have not used them since and the colors where off.

Oh, I can dig it; I have never had problems before with either the paint or the tape.
I figure it was a bad batch of paint. The fault was not to be found with the tape or the application of it. Done it as I have always done. Or the preparation of the surface, done it as I have always done.
I have got to fault the paint.
Must have been a bad batch. I have sent pictures with a complete run-down of the procedures (Documented) to Model Masters. I hope to hear good things from them soon.

Me too - I was just about to order some MM paints as replacements for some of my Humbrol stock !
EDIT : Forgot to add, I'll be ordering enamels, definitely not acrylics !

Last edited:
I have had no issues at all with MM enamels. One needs to ensure that the pint is stirred only as, if you get paint on the lousy paper seal, the thing will delaminate in the cap and the stuff will dry out on you.

When ever I can remember, I take out the paper seal and replace it with a plastic one from the cap of a pop bottle(soda bottle for those south of the border and Gawd knows what they call them across the ponds)

Geo

:shock:
It must be the paint. I've never done anything but small parts with MM acrylic. I'll stick to MM enamel, It's never let me down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back