**** DONE: 1/48 Me 262A-1a - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My thanks guy, you're all very kind. :D :)

Well looking at my last post, apart from finishing the flap positioning, not a skerrick of masking has been done. Shame on me...........I kind of got sidetracked and after a couple of attempts have come up with a scratch built cradle/trolley for the engine. So with this out of the way, I must now really get on with the masking. :eek: :p

110720-1A.jpg

110720-1C.jpg

110720-1B.jpg

110720-1E.jpg

Nothing special Karl, just 'Evergreen' strips and half a wheel for the turning axle and four wheels I had in the spares box. This was a second attempt though, the first was much too small. Thanks also for the kind words.

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen as always they are much appreciated. :p :p :p Progress today has been slow and patchy. I had lots of little things that were in the back of my mind and needed finishing before any spray work could begin. Got there in the end..................

Looks like you gravitated to your favourite part of modelling work Vic. Excellent detailing, a model in itself.

Now get on with that masking!

..............and just for you Andy, the masking has been done, well almost, still need to apply maskol in a number of places. Not too happy with the antenna either, they seem to have developed a mind of there own.

110721-1A.jpg

110721-1B.jpg

Tomorrow, all things considered, should be able to start on the legs and associated bits.

Great work there Vic - love the engine trolley. As regards the antenna, I normally try to fit this sort of delicate parts after painting the model. Any locating holes can be masked with a small 'blob' of PVA, which is easily peeled off later.

Thanks for the comments folks.

So for the past couple of days I've been fiddling with the undercarriage bits and what a chore this has turned out to be. I had not realised how many bits needed fixing with a little help from PE. My first pic just shows a comparison of the main undercarriage, starboard side sorted and port yet to be done.

110723-1A.jpg

As also mentioned earlier on I was none too happy with the antenna. My mistake as I did not get the nose aligned quite right, so what to do about it. Initially I tried to see if I could remove the offending bit and realign it, sadly not. In the end I decided to cut the antenna off and stat again. Each antenna arm has now been drilled and a steel wire pin inserted. I will next drill out new holes in the nose in which to insert the pins at a later date.

110723-1B.jpg

110723-1C.jpg

110723-1D.jpg

Next problem though is to ensure I get the antenna arms in the right places, i.e. the holes drilled in the right place.

Anyone got any suggestions.

Nice work Vic. One way to get the holes in the right places is to draw a circle around the nose, on the line where the antenna mounts should be, then, looking nose-on, draw an 'X' from the tip of the nose, to intersect the circle. Where the lines of the 'X' touch the circle is where the holes should go. For now, just a small pilot hole can be drilled or marked at each position, with the 'proper' holes being drilled after painting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back