Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

redcat.jpg

ok time is against me with the house move approaching and a limited number of days off work before then i will have to call this done.

would of liked to spent more time adding a bit of exhaust staining and maybe a panel line wash but it will do for now

Picture 237.jpg

Picture 238.jpg

Picture 242.jpg

with white 12 (Eduard kit)

Picture 244.jpg

Picture 246.jpg

thanks for looking and all the help

Well, I am finally finished exams; picked up some more primer this evening, so work can continue. Will be masking tomorrow for final Primer and then paint (if all goes well) - Also found some RAL colours on special today, so these will be finding there way onto the aircraft in due course too! :)

I have to actually spend some time ON the model as, during exams and assignments, I've spent too much time on Hannants.co.uk and etc - with the dropping relative value of the AUD, I bit the bullet and bought a bunch of stuff in one hit for several projects (as well as some 'investments'). So I've stocked up on F-14 Stuff (both an A and B project, with Aires Pits, Wheel Wells, Exhausts for both, Eduard Missles, RBF tags, Wheels), some He 219 Stuff (some Aires resin and in 1/32 Eduard PE/Resin, Barracuda Resin, Decals, etc), stuff for the pair of Sword's I intend to build soon (ie; Avon Sabre - cockpits, decals, etc; being Australian and the BEST of all Sabre variants, we unofficially called them 'the Sword'), plus bits of stuff for Ju 188's, Fw 190's, Ta 183's and about Seven sets of Fightertown Decals... And then I went and bought some Wolfpack Designs stuff from LuckyModel (more F-14 Stuff)... Then as soon as I did that, Car Rego fell due (I was sure that was later in the year) and I had to pay Rilfe Club Memberships... So its been a DAMN expensive 3 weeks; but I cant wait for the postie to deliver all the goodies in the next week or so! :)

D

Great work Karl! Interesting the colour differences between the 2 birds aswell.

Dan, good stuff mate, looking forward to seeing your progress!

I'm in the same boat as Karl, but changing countries aswell... Just secured (with my dad's help) a nice looking flat in Carrick on Shannon, Ireland, so committed to the move.
Anyone knowing of any work for artists or professional solderers in the area please let me know!!! :)

Good work Karl, turned out ok man...!

hope that move goes nice and smooth Evan!

and Dan hope the exams all went well mate, now lets see that dora of yours....mine might even make an appearance shortly....:D

Dan hope the exams all went well mate, now lets see that dora of yours....mine might even make an appearance shortly....:D

Cheers mate - last weeks Maths went pretty good (one question I just completely guessed :) and another was something I should have known, but desserted me in the exam - otherwise all OK; the programming exam from early this week, was a joke! 3hr exam, finished in less than half the time. So I spent this week chilling out a little.

As for the D-15, Grrr... Everything I do is fated to be more complex than it should be on this thing! Buy some MM Primer to shoot - all good. Prep and mask model - all good (canopy gones on AFTER grey primer, so I can paint it black). Get everything set up, reach for MM thinner and...nothing! Empty! WTF?!?!? I was sure I had half left!

So, unless anyone has any suggestions on what else I can thin this stuff with (isopro-blah-ic alcohol, Mr.Color Thinner - probably not, Lifecolor Thinner - probably not, acetone - probably not, etc), I'll have to go get some thinner next time I am in town...

D

I'll grab some tomorrow - its a better option than the Alclad Microfiller at this stage, with it being a harder to polish. And Im pretty confident I'll only need one, maybe two coats of it; to the eye everything looks ready to go, but with so many different materials exposed (three different types and colours of plastic, Milliput, Squadron Green, Super Glue, Tamiya Surface Primer Filler and Alclad Black), it really needs something to bring it all together.

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back