EDUARD 1:48 F6F HELLCAT BINGE BUILD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Littler bits. Smart George finally showed up. To avoid the pings I placed tape over the part before sawing

IMG_0003.JPG

Including clean-up, almost 20 minutes of hard labour. I placed the smallest dab of tube glue on the upper part of the scissor and placed it in position. This allowed the part to sit. I then did the same with the lower part. Once they had sit for a few minutes I used a probed and pushed them together; no guessing on the proper fit. TET was then added as a final glue

IMG_0005.JPG

Grandkid Ezra gave me this tiny light for Christmas. It gets in close and throws extra light to avoid shadows. It also improves shutter speed to avoid blurred handheld shots. Speed went from 1/60 to 1/250

IMG_0004.JPG

Last edited:
Littler bit #3. Again a small dab of tube glue was placed on the attachment area and then placed on the strut. I let it set for a few minutes and then held it up to the assembly diagram that Eduard thoughtfully included to get the angle correct. This is seen in the first photo in Post #63. I then hit it with TET and is now resting comfortably.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

One more littler bit and then back to little bits; then do it all over again on the right strut

Retraction strut in place. To make sure it all lined up I dry fit the landing gear into the well. Again I added a small dab of tube glue on the upper surface of the strut and added it to the landing gear. After it set a bit I tried to lower the bottom end into place in the well but found that I needed to move the landing gear forward about 1mm. This allowed the bottom to snap into place.

IMG_0003.JPG

The yellow arrows are pointing to the locating points of the last littler bit. The red arrow is pointing at the yellow arrows in case you missed them. The landing gear will be removed from the well before this happens

Thanks guys. That last little fiddly bit for the right side set off a bit of a panic mode this morning. I had accidentally sawed it off the sprue yesterday so I set it off to the side so I wouldn't lose it. Well, an hour ago I glued on the scissors and that other fiddly bit and when I went to get the other fiddly bit it was not to be seen. My search area....

IMG_0005.JPG

Then I remembered that I started to put fiddly bits on the lamp base so I wouldn't knock it off....see it? This is extreme close up

IMG_0007.JPG

About to give up and accept the loss, I changed my viewing angle

IMG_0006.JPG

Back on track. After coffee, Imma going to glue the landing gear in place with gear covers and spritz....spritz....spritz the white under surface.....I hope

Parts "G45"; attachment points almost as big as the parts

IMG_0003.JPG

First one went better than expected

IMG_0006.JPG

Once the other is on I can start seam clean up which won't be much. As I mentioned somewhere else on this forum, the rear fuselage has seams top and bottom, ala the Bf 109

It was pretty sketchy Vic. I used my Tamiya saw and tape over the part. The hardest part was trying to do a wee bit of cleanup if the saw cuts through too fast on small parts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back