Evan's photography phun

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good to see ya' back in this neck of the woods, but that Shingles thing...dang!!

My face was in better shape after being massaged by the airbags in my wreck! :lol:

Glad it's healing up well and hopefully you won't have to deal with it again.

Yeah, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I've got some scarring from it, but considering what it looked like a month ago, I can live with it.

Near our home, there is a place called Strathern Historic Park. We have lived 10 minutes away from this place for 9 years and finally visited it back in April. They have preserved a lot of the old building from the Conejo valley. It was one of the first settlements in the area many years ago. We caught a tour to see the insides of the buildings and it was really something. A little history from my neck of the woods. Not quite the history they have in Europe, but we are a bit newer. ;)

Attachments

• EVG_6653.jpg
    EVG_6653.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 52
  • EVG_6660.jpg
    EVG_6660.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 62
  • EVG_6671.jpg
    EVG_6671.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 74
  • EVG_6753.jpg
    EVG_6753.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 85
  • EVG_6784mono.jpg
    EVG_6784mono.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 75
Great stuff Eric, and I'm glad the worst of the shingles is over. I've still got a mild rash on my back and under the front ribs, with a bit of internal pain and tiredness, so I know exactly how you must have felt. At it's peak, it was bl**dy awful, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy - OK, maybe Cameron and his cronies ............. !!

Great stuff Eric, and I'm glad the worst of the shingles is over. I've still got a mild rash on my back and under the front ribs, with a bit of internal pain and tiredness, so I know exactly how you must have felt. At it's peak, it was bl**dy awful, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy - OK, maybe Cameron and his cronies ............. !!
You're right, Terry, it is awful. I still have a little residual discomfort (I wouldn't really call it pain) and phantom itching, which drives me out of my mind at times. After a week and a half, my cornea disruption is almost gone. After the peak though, nothing seems that bad.

Thanks Dave and Aaron. It really has been like a dream to be able to work with these guys. Great knowledgeable bunch with the same passion for aviation. We stay in a couple of houses up in Oshkosh and it is a bit like a frat house, but respectable. We had a lot of fun last year, and I know this year will be equally fun.

Thankfully, I only had a very small rash on my forehead, the worst being as already described. It was bad enough being around the ribs, belly and back, it must have been hell for you, having it on your face and eyes!
I'm just hoping my right shoulder behaves this coming weekend, at 'Flying Legends' - it's still very stiff and painful, but worse, I get an uncontrollable spasm now and then, and if that happens when I have the camera (mounted on a shoulder stock) in the shoulder, I'll be missing the aircraft and getting wonderful shots of the sky, ground, sky, ground etc !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back