F-104 Touch and Roll

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I could well be wrong - but it looks like Jacques Santi in the crowd with the lips pursed.

J.PNG

Better.PNG

I'm thinking this is from an episode of the French TV series - The Aeronauts.
Loved it as a kid.

I know this is the WWII section, but I thought this might be interesting.

The pilot has big ones.

This was performed for the french serie "Les Chevaliers dus Ciel"and filmed in Belgium at Bevekom.
Only two Belgian pilots performed this stunt,William "Bill"Ongena and Sus Jacobs.
That day Sus Jacobs performed this stunt a few times for the sake of the cameramen.
He would eventualy be killed while performing this later on when his afterburner failed to light and he had to eject while he flew inverted.

Sorry to hear that, but if you NEED afterburner, then you should wait for it to light before trying to use the energy, especially down as low as he rather obviously is. Of all the aircraft I can think of to perform a low-speed maneuver with, the F-104 is likely the most unforgiving, possibly along with a GeeGee R2.

Still, you rather obviously CAN make an R2 sit up and beg for more. At least, Delmar Benjamin can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back