Fly! or else Post Your Models 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's cool, it's so shiny that it doesn't look like a paper...
I dealt with the damaged cockpit the way that I had to cut off the pedals and so it will be a closed canopy on that Jug... ;)

It was a good idea with the pedals. I have to remember when I start assembling my P-47s.
As far as the wheels are concerned I've painted them with an acrylic paint in spray that is used for cars.Of course,they had been ground and covered with nitro-varnish before.

BTW what about your Ju-88?

I've just gone through the page you've sent the link.Certainly if you don't want to be nervous with the model you can use the accessories.It is a easy way to correct the model.But it needs money.I think ,many of modellers forgot that there are materials for our hobby around us and they are for free.Have you seen my old model of P-61 Black Widow?
There wasn't an upper turret in the kit( interiors of cockpits also) so I made the elements with my own hand.Using a thelephone card ,a part of a plastic box( I don't remember even it was from ) and a hair-dryer I made the turret.There some pics of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0165_.jpg
    IMG_0165_.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0167_.jpg
    IMG_0167_.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0175_.jpg
    IMG_0175_.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 159
Well, I'm not nervous; "If it ain't fun, don't build it!" sounds the motto. ;)
But I'm afraid my skills aren't high enough to make the turret from a telephone card... :rolleyes:

But I'm afraid my skills aren't high enough to make the turret from a telephone card...
Myself, likewise.
As for all of the models thusfar..... T__T, I really need to take a class or something, cause in compairison to the paintjobs here, some of my custom ones look like Frankenstein makeovers. Don't even get me started on the interior of most of my models, because there usually is none! And having hands that shake enough to be considered dangerous if handling Nitro Glycerin does not help when you are trying to fit two insanely small pieces together. Still, just putting stuff together is a a thrill, especially my Master Grade models with all of the internal structures, hydrolics, and the like (drooling at thought of new Master Grade models) is VERY fun.

You should take the challenge, because you won't leran it and thus gain your skills any other way. Simply there is no other way... ;) I sucked in modelling even one year ago, compared to now. I see I'm growing with every model that comes underneath my hands... Take the challenge! ;)

MacArther said:
Myself, likewise.
As for all of the models thusfar..... T__T, I really need to take a class or something, cause in compairison to the paintjobs here, some of my custom ones look like Frankenstein makeovers. Don't even get me started on the interior of most of my models, because there usually is none! And having hands that shake enough to be considered dangerous if handling Nitro Glycerin does not help when you are trying to fit two insanely small pieces together. Still, just putting stuff together is a a thrill, especially my Master Grade models with all of the internal structures, hydrolics, and the like (drooling at thought of new Master Grade models) is VERY fun.
ur not alone, take a look at my Do-217 i posted a while back

I agree with Pisis.Every model lets you improve your skills and cause that your hands become less shaking.:)

Here is some pics of my stuff...
Pics #1-3 shows the P-47 double bild. The #4 shows a quite ig problem - how do I correct this? :?:
#5 - assembling of a cockpit of the Yak-3
#6 - another started project - Avia CS-199 from KoPro. But the molds are horrible, so I'll maybe let it collect some dust on the shelf before I really start working on it. Besides that, I have now around 10 models in making... ;)

Attachments

• puttying_masking.jpg
    puttying_masking.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 70
  • puttying_1.jpg
    puttying_1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 73
  • puttying_2.jpg
    puttying_2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 72
  • spodek_problem.jpg
    spodek_problem.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 74
  • kabinka_1.jpg
    kabinka_1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 64
Nice shots Pisis.
To much to do and the lack of time :lol: - as usual,doesn't it?
As far as the 4th pic is concerned the solution is...the putty,putty and once again the putty.

Actually, and unfortunately, the hand shaking is a side effect of one of my medicines. I will post pictures of models so you guys can see soon, but at the moment I'm at college, without my digital camera, or models. :cry: :cry:

Wurger said:
To much to do and the lack of time :lol: - as usual,doesn't it?
Yeah, as always! ;)

Wurger said:
As far as the 4th pic is concerned the solution is...the putty,putty and once again the putty.
I've been sugested to sand the whole off and then to scratch build it with cuts of plastic, for example from plastic ketchup bottle... I'll definitely try on the one, on the other I'll let as it is and we'll see what will have better effect. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back