Fly! or else Post Your Models 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis said:
I've been sugested to sand the whole off and then to scratch build it with cuts of plastic, for example from plastic ketchup bottle... I'll definitely try on the one, on the other I'll let as it is and we'll see what will have better effect. ;)

Looking at the detail I've checked it with my P-47 Revell kit, it was the same but a little bit less seen.I think that a bit of putty,sandpaper and a file can help.You can also cut off a half of the detail ( from the left or right part of the fuselage,for instance )using a razor-blade and glue displaced. Which of ways you'll choose it depends on you.

Can you take a detailed picture of yours, please? Because I checked it now and I see it isn't that big to neccessarily use the plastic caps...

Pisis said:
Can you take a detailed picture of yours, please? Because I checked it now and I see it isn't that big to neccessarily use the plastic caps...

Unfortunately,no.I haven't had a digital camera yet and I have to borrow it.Today it is impossible to do it.But I've made this instruction for you.Have you caught the idea?The pic is with details moved to proper places.

Attachments

• spodek_problem1.jpg
    spodek_problem1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 58
I don't remember how it is in Czech:oops: but there are pics.Do you know now? - for sure yes.:)

Attachments

• 184133.jpg
    184133.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 250133.jpg
    250133.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 59
Oh, of course, in Czech it is pilník... So, a filler (or a file) in English? What about Polish? :)

Thanks for the Photoshop instructions, but the problem is shown below - on the two first pictures... :( The deal is that it is so small that I simply cannot cut it off - it's size is probably equal to the size of the scalpel razor. :lol:

The other thing is that the bubble-like exhaust (or what it is) is not filled, as you expected on your picture, but hollow. Which, actually, will make it easier to cut off but I think if I sand fill it enough, it will be just fine.

The other three pictures show who did I deal with sanding the putty (my first working with putty ever!).

The last set shows the horrible quality of the Avia CS-199 (CS = Cvičný stroj) kit. In fact it is a repacked kit from the early 80's, the only new thing is the decals and camouflague markings scheme sheet.

Attachments

• puttying_sanding3.jpg
    puttying_sanding3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 73
  • puttying_sanding2.jpg
    puttying_sanding2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 80
  • puttying_sanding1.jpg
    puttying_sanding1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 74
  • spodek_problem3.jpg
    spodek_problem3.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 73
  • spodek_problem2.jpg
    spodek_problem2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 70
  • ramecek5.jpg
    ramecek5.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 76
  • ramecek4.jpg
    ramecek4.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 80
  • ramecek3.jpg
    ramecek3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 79
  • ramecek2.jpg
    ramecek2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 79
  • ramecek1.jpg
    ramecek1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 66
  • ramecek6.jpg
    ramecek6.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 66
  • obtisky.jpg
    obtisky.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 73
  • kamuflaz_a_oznaceni.jpg
    kamuflaz_a_oznaceni.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 73
Pisis said:
Oh, of course, in Czech it is pilník... So, a filler (or a file) in English? What about Polish? :)

A file tool is named as the same as in your language- pilnik

As far as the bubble-like exhaust is concerned it is a turbo supercharger shroud.
Here include a pic of its interior and the scheme of the system I've found.

Source unknown:

Attachments

• Schowek04.jpg
    Schowek04.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Schowek02.jpg
    Schowek02.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 67
Pisis said:
The other thing is that the bubble-like exhaust (or what it is) is not filled, as you expected on your picture, but hollow. Which, actually, will make it easier to cut off but I think if I sand fill it enough, it will be just fine.

Yeap,you can do that.But my suggestion is to correct this in the way:

The first step- cut off the shroud as the blue line shows using a scalpel razor or razor-blade ( be careful ).The cap is glued together propably so,split it into two separately parts and next put them together using glue.Make its shape correct with sandpaper.

The second step - put some of a putty on the area that is marked with a green circle.
When the putty is hardened enough make the shape of the area properly using a file and sandpaper.

The third step - you can make an interior of the shroud( an included pic) or simply fix the cap back with glue.

Using sandpaper ( no. 1200 and higher) and a felt make the detail smooth and polished.

That is all.

Attachments

• spodek_problem2.jpg
    spodek_problem2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 67
I didn't work on the shroud but worked on the "jalousie" and I think I completely screwed that up... :oops:
I'm reacharging my batteries, I'll post pics... :confused:

Both details have to be corrected,I think.

Attachments

• spodek_problem2.jpg
    spodek_problem2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 66
I'm ****ing busy at work these days so no time for modelling. But time for buying new models. I bought Revell Maskol and Mr. Surfacer - both are puttys but each for different things. Maskol is for masking canopies, Surfacer is a liquid putty that is sparyed over the model and shows even small scratches and unaccuracies...

I also bought some new bargain models!

This 1/72 Bf 109 protoype from a Czech company MPM for $2 (PE and resin parts included),
109v1bt.jpg

Hi-Tech Směrs (also PE and resins included) - each for $5! 8)

Il-2
889.jpg

Me 262 (I already have one on my shelf :D)
884.jpg

and a 1/48 MiG (Without PE's or resins...)
827.jpg

8)

BTW, great siggy, Wurger! :thumbleft: :thumbright:

Wow, how a huge shopping you have done.I'm very impressed.I like the Bf 109 prototype.:)
My " komora " is full and I haven't had any place where I could put the new models. :( Next time I'll include a photo.

BTW Thank you very much.:D

Thanks. :)

Wurger said:
My " komora " is full and I haven't had any place where I could put the new models. :( Next time I'll include a photo.
I'll show my stash... Maybe you're willing to exchange some? :-k I can provide various Směr models (do have you any experience with these?) - for its price, they are very good! ;)

Yes I have.The Směr models are quite popular in Poland for reasons you mentioned above.
As far as an exchange is concerned I have to think about it.:)

Mr. Surfacer, what kind? there is also a spray can variation, 500 is good for filling (and maybe also primer) 1000 and 1200 are smoother and can make great primers, and filling little gaps at the ame time

Wurger said:

My "store" pic.Perhaps it doesn't look like a big one but it is 60 cm deep.There are over 50 plastic kits ( upper part of it and partially lower one) and paper ones ( almost 100 issues) at the lower part.It is a part of the madels I have to make to complete my collection.

Attachments

• komora.jpg
    komora.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back