Fly! or else Post Your Models 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

He he no problem Wurger. Yes this is a much precise comment now! great!
The 109 is also one of my favorite birds, but I have a preference for the 190. And mostly, I prefer flying the 190 as a virtual pilot. I love it's stability, speed, high-speed handling and firepower.

I like Fw 190 too.As a virtual pilot in Il2FB I have to admit that all your feelings to the 190 are true.However the a/c is a bit heavy for me.Vince, I see that we have much more in common with us than the roots only :D.

Gilbert your Bf 109 looks really great :D .Could you send some pics with its general view and the cocpit with details?

hey Wurger, if u updated ur IL-2FB to V1.22 (if it's FB standalone) maybe we can try having a dogfight online (theres only 2 of us so less lag even if we're half a world away)

Hi Looma !!!

Looking at your MC.202 I was convinced of your being on the right path of modelizm.I like it.It isn't easy to paint such a small model even if you use an airbrush.Your skills have been really improved.Good work.:thumbleft:
As far as the cockpit conopy is concerned you should use the selfadhesive paper tape (Tamya for instance) or Mascol liquid for masking the areas that you don't want to paint.In the same way you can treat other parts of models.Personally,I paint spinners and propellers separately and fix them at the end of the model assembling.There is a link to thread about using masking if you haven't read yet:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/modeling/masking-5814.html

hey Wurger, if u updated ur IL-2FB to V1.22 (if it's FB standalone) maybe we can try having a dogfight online (theres only 2 of us so less lag even if we're half a world away)

Interesting,but at first I have to make my computer a bit faster on line.I let you know about it.

Beautiful 109G Gilbert; nice details. I'm part of those crazy CFS1 die-hards; the reason is because I like having hundreds of a/c in my hanger and lots of addon sceneries and modify everything, and CFS1 is computer and user-friendly.
But I'm always :shock: when seeing beautiful IL2 a/c. Guess I'll get it one of these days and join you for a fight guys 8)

Sure Wurger, we have several things in common :D ; if you know how to edit your IL2 Fw190, try removing the outer wing cannons and lighten it by 500lbs (250kg); outboard guns are useless in a dogfight, only useful against bombers. My 'special' personal 190A8 is hotter this way. Here's a shot of that CFS1 plane.
My siggy should be a 190 but for some reason it doesn't work:(

Working with an airbrush requires practice, loomaluftwaffe; the key is masking to prevent overspray, but also finding the correct proportion of thinner and air-pressure setting. Use low pressure for camo 'mottling'.

Attachments

• Fw190A8_StabJG57_02b.jpg
    Fw190A8_StabJG57_02b.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 73
Sure Wurger, we have several things in common :D ; if you know how to edit your IL2 Fw190, try removing the outer wing cannons and lighten it by 500lbs (250kg); outboard guns are useless in a dogfight, only useful against bombers. My 'special' personal 190A8 is hotter this way. Here's a shot of that CFS1 plane.
My siggy should be a 190 but for some reason it doesn't work:(

A good idea.I haven't thought about it.:)
As far as your siggy is concerned why it doesn't work.Do you want me to help with this?

ty guys, this is a basic airbrush im using, single action, no pressure setting
i didnt need to mix paint for that macchi, i just used tamiya desert yellow and some kind of green, if u guys havent noticed, i always screw up the canopy, and im not good at using X-19 Smoke for the exhaust stain.... yet

Unfortunately, it is true with the conopy :( .But could I ask the question? Did you paint a cockpit conopy after you had fixed to the fuselage or before?In the scale model it is easier to paint a conopy separetely because you could prepare it for painting much more accurately using adhesive paper tape.Or you could use a part of an old sheet of decal and paint it with the airbrush using the main colour of camo.Then using a razor-blade you could make a thin stripes and put the stripe decals on the conopy in proper places.

Sure I would've given the same advices 8) ; I always use vacuformed canopies, and masking tape before painting them with an airbrush. However I paint fixed canopy parts after they are glued in place (never use cyano or superglue to glue canopies cos it leaves white streaks when drying, but white glue for wood instead), in order for the paint scheme to match with the fuselage. I carefully mask the cockpit opening and paint the canopy opening part separately but also with masking tape.

Yes I'd like some help for my siggy if you don't mind Wurger:oops:

Here's what it should look like:

Attachments

• VMsign.jpg
    VMsign.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 87
O.K. There is no problem.I think the pic is a bit small.Make it bigger?Or if you have a larger one in a size you need, upload this here,please.In addition, there isn't your nick in the siggy.Would you like me to make new project of the siggy?

Yes, great! thanks a lot :D
What is strange is I tried to make it as required (500*100)...
I also like the small one better; but I'd like the text to read 'JG57 Kurt Tanzer', which is my squad nickname. I can do that myself if you post the pic without a nickname (whenever you kept the multi-layer version...)

Because they're too big and disturb when reading the posts... I mean more then 500x500 pixels... ;)

I agree.You are right.But it is easier to work on the bigger one and resize it later.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back