Get Lucky!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky chuckled and I could see his hair glistening in the doorlight like a nose hair after a sneeze. I peered hard into the dark. I could just make out the features of his face - a face that looked like a Pekingese trying to understand French.

"Do you expect me to talk?" I asked and pulled the gun out of my waistband and held it under the table.

Lucky chuckled again.

"No, Mr. Slade. I expect you to die." he said.

I was silent. My thoughts tumbled in my head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without Cling Free.

"So, the shoe is on the other foot, huh?" he smirked and let out another low chuckle as if a chipmunk farted. He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.

"Not a fun game when someone is stalking you, is it?" he spat. It missed me by inches.

The vodka I had consumed wanted to know if I was going to continue to put up with this crap, and I decided that I would not.

"I'm not the one with a gun pointed at his hairy bagpipes." I replied and cocked the gun loudly under the table. The situation had become topsy-turvy -- like Christmas in the summer, if you're in Australia. He paused before speaking again.

"I have a plan, Mr. Slade. The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work." he said. "It was to annoy you, stalk you, just like you do for a living. And thats not much of a living."

I adjusted my grip on the Desert Eagle.

"Yer bum's oot the windae," I said, "Plans sometimes fade away like a turd in the rain."

As soon as I said that, a jukebox started up from somewhere in the darkness. It was a song by Journey. We faced off against each other - me with my gun and he with his breath. Someone came in through the door in a Members Only jacket, blinding us with the sudden flash of light from outside and headed to the bathroom. I could feel my palm start to sweat as we stared at each other. You could cut the tension with a well-placed veto.

The jukebox continued to play.

"Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world
Took the midnight train going anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit
Took the midnight train going anywhere......"

Attachments

• durex03.jpg
    durex03.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back