Info needed on Italian-German co-operation in armaments

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Civettone

Tech Sergeant
Hi guys

I posted this on the aviation sub-forum, but I think it is better to ask here.

would any of you have some info concerning German-Italian cooperation in armaments design/production ? We all know how the Italians licence produceded German DB's and how they purchased Mauser cannons, Pak 97/38s and a number of Stukas and 109s. But is there more? What about German tank, artillery or naval technology, radar, radios, etc ? What about the industrial cooperation?

Just the same, I am also looking for the stuff which went the other way. What did the Italians deliver the Germans during the war (until 1943) ? Was there any technological cooperation or coordination of armaments, industry, technology?

After 1943 Germany took over the Italian armaments and and also the armaments industry. But that is a different story. I am more thinking about pre-Armistice.

I hope some of you might have some info on this!

Kris

I think the most lasting thing that came out of Italy from World War 2 was camouflage, the Germans certainly adopted Italian camouflage during the war but I'm not sure if it was before the armistice or after, I think it was before the armistice. Italians may also of had an influence on small submarines and torpedo boats but again I can't remember much.

Yes that kind of modern looking patchy three coloured camouflage you often see WW2 German soldiers dressed in was Italian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back