La Galería de SANCER

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thank you all infinitely for your visits, as well as your kind comments.
Wojtek and Evan, motivation and inspiration at full steam are his words. :salute::salute:

Some details that I put here to your consideration ...

21.jpg
22.jpg

The engine is barely distinguishable, very deep in the cowling, ... I had to take the photo with continuous light, to be able to see it in the photo.

23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg

I can not stop sharing the inside of the cockpit. It was worth making the cuts of the canopy, to go back the intermediate section and to be able to observe the interior ...

27.jpg
28.jpg

The approach in the photos betrays a little my few experience to work and paint in such tiny pieces and spaces. The good thing is that at first glance it does not look so bad. :p

29.jpg
30.jpg

... I'll back with the conclusion ... (I do not want to abuse with photos,... in my thread from Start to Finish, there are only little more than 200 images! :eek:)

:thumbup:

Hello dear colleagues.

On the 29th of this month (August 2018), I was able to finish my thirteenth model.

It has been another very fun and enriching experience with this very interesting US medium bomber.

2B.jpg

(internet image, modified)

1A.jpg

It is a recommended kit for its acceptable quality, which allows the imagination to run and work on it some ideas and adjustments that may be of your liking.

I already have some pictures, I prepare them and ... lets the show begin.

Saludos :thumbup:

This is the Great medium bomber I started on October 31 last year (2017).

As you know, until now all my models have been OOB and in all there has been a lot or a little scratch work, learning and practicing some improvements or adjustments to make a better replica (in the way possible to my skills) to what it offers the kit original.
And in this case I think it's the most "exaggerated thing I've done" (until now), but that would not have been possible without the already recognized contribution of the great colleagues and friends of this forum.
:grouphuuug:

I share with you and I hope you enjoy, like me, this great lady:

1/48 Academy: B-25G "Shark Mouth"

The box art (accompanied by "La Mona" our puppy)

001A.jpg

These were the main photographs that inspired me to mature the ideas of working a little more on my project !!

01A.jpg
01B.jpg
01C.jpg

(the 3 images are obtained from the internet)

... and this is the first sequence ...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

I hope you enjoy them and I will be attentive to your questions and comments.

regards :thumbup:

... A couple of shots from above ...

7.jpg
8.jpg

Speaking a bit about the canopy, the kit includes 3 canopies, two identical and one for another version. This allowed me to make use of the 3 to carry out this idea.
The 3 participants:

9.1.jpg

What allowed me to make one with the escape hatch of the pilot and co-pilot closed ...

9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

With the other two I made the one that have the open hatch.
I sacrificed one to obtain the window (hatch) ... which later served me to cover the interior of the cabin at the time of painting and the rest ... and with the 3rd I made the hole to the indicated measurements to later embed the hatch.

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

... I'm going out, but soon I'll share more ... :rolleyes:;)

1. That is a super looking Mitchell. The weathering is just plain spot on.
2. I would like to know what you used to set up the radio antenna wire and how you accomplished it. I have a 32 scale one that need that sort of attention.

I would like to direct your attention to a book titled " Pappy Gunn". This is about one special individual that designed all of the gun nose modifications for the B-25.

1. That is a super looking Mitchell. The weathering is just plain spot on.
2. I would like to know what you used to set up the radio antenna wire and how you accomplished it. I have a 32 scale one that need that sort of attention.

I would like to direct your attention to a book titled " Pappy Gunn". This is about one special individual that designed all of the gun nose modifications for the B-25.
Thanks Paul, I appreciate your words very much.
Really all the methodology used to achieve this effect in the weathering, it was worth it. I think it's one of the best effects I've achieved. It was also something new for me, and I did nothing more than follow the recommendation in a MM Scale Models video to the letter. :)

The book that you recommend to me of "Pappy Gunn", I already saw that I can obtain it by several means and even in some bookstores here in Mexico City. I found this on Wikipedia and I share a small part of all the information:
> "Paul Irvin" Pappy "Gunn (October 18, 1899 - October 11, 1957) was a United States naval aviator known mainly for his actions in the Second World War as an officer in the United States Army Air Forces.
An expert in dare-devil low-level flying, "and recognized for numerous feats of heroism and mechanical ingenuity, especially modifications to the Douglas A-20 Havoc light bomber and B-25 Mitchell medium bomber that turned them into attack aircraft." <

Now, regarding your question about the radio antenna wire; I used a nylon thread to fish 0.12mm.

16.jpg

In the rear vertical stabilizers, I made a hole with a mini drill and only introduced the thread and fixed them with a droplet of cyano ...

19.jpg

For the two posts, first I made the wiring in the center (the one that goes from end to end in both) The key is to first fix the thread at one end with a droplet of cyano and once dry, slightly tension the thread, to the other end and hold it like this while you put another droplet of cyano and wait a few seconds for it to dry. The same with the long cables that you previously fixed to the vertical ailerons and taut each one to the front post and do the same operation on the tip of the post.

20.jpg
18.jpg
17.jpg

I hope I have been clear enough and the photos will help. Do not hesitate (or someone else), to ask whatever it is. I thank you very much for the interest. :thumbright:

As you can see in my Start to Finish thread, the PET that I used for the windows gave the possibility of being able to look inside without any difficulty (only one magnifying glass and good lighting by another window) and it gave a very good appearance:

21.jpg
22.jpg

To the bubble window of the tail, I made the tail cone signal lights:
white: doors open; red: bomb released

25.jpg

The landing lights, I also liked this new way of doing them and improving the appearance ...

23.jpg
24.jpg

There are several details that were improvised for this construction and I am pleased to be able to show them; I hope you also enjoy them and ... I am all ears to your comments.

There is still more, but it will be in another occasion.

Gracias por pasar a visitar y dejar sus comentarios, saludos :thumbup:

A bunch of great job, Luis!. I can imagine a lot of work on details. Congrats!.
Beside that, I love this version of B-25.
I have a box with 1:72 Italeri B-25G, but its...a bit unacceptable for me (poor quality). Perhaps a mix with Hasegawa B-25J could do the job.
Anyway, I am inspired with Your model.

Most excellent work there Sancer.
Thanks Larry, ... there are so many small places where you can work and add some additional detail. With the kind information received, the patience and the time to do your best, it is satisfactory. :thumbright:

A bunch of great job, Luis!. I can imagine a lot of work on details. Congrats!.
Beside that, I love this version of B-25.
I have a box with 1:72 Italeri B-25G, but its...a bit unacceptable for me (poor quality). Perhaps a mix with Hasegawa B-25J could do the job.
Anyway, I am inspired with Your model.
Hello Hal, it is a compliment to me motivate you to work on your B-25 (and the good mix you can get between those Italeri and Hasegawa) ... do not stop showing us when you start it.
There is a lot of information in my S.to F. thread, and on what I can support you, count on it. :thumbleft:

If there is someone besides me, who likes to enjoy observing the details, ... I will abuse and share them even more ... :rolleyes:

These are some pictures from the bottom of our "Shark Mouth"

26.jpg

... the rear stabilizer, the recognition lights and position light, the lower torret with one of the access doors and the left nacelle-engine-landing gear ...

27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg

The bombs bay ...

31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg

If you allow me, in the next sequence, I will share some approximations of what resulted from the idea of opening some engine plates and nacelle, to show the interior of that radial engine Wright R-2600-13

35.jpg

See you soon and thanks for joining me. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back