Members Meeting Members (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Quite, old chap. Not sure about manning rampants though - ramparts perhaps, but rampant conjures up something completely different!

Ah...bollocks...I meant ramparts of course...haha....ummmm. Stand by to repel invaders :badairday:

The 'coastal crust' of 'tiny' Ironside still exists...if all else fails the invaders will get caught in the M25 log jams....cunning eh :)

:dmage:

Last edited:
Or delayed by HM Revenue and Customs, saying "No. Can't bring that Invasion Force through here mate, not without paying the Duty, Import Tax, and V.A.T. - AND we need to search it all first, just in case you've got too many cigarettes !" "And don't forget to drive on the left when you pass through the Green Channel next time!"

And the railway delays...

We can't go wrong can we?

Invade us at your peril :)

:lichmalignus:

Stand by with jellies eels, black pudding and welsh beer...if they get past us we'll poison the buggers.:puke:

See? There's just no hope! Wrench is the action taken by a spanner, and a trunk is an Elephant's probiscus, or a large case used on sea voyages - normally by the Captain of the vessel transporting convicts to the Colonies!

Attachments

• catherine bell 1.jpg
    catherine bell 1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 67
  • catherine bell 2.jpg
    catherine bell 2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 72
A trunk of an automobile is called such, because Americans thought it would be a neat idea to carry thier essentials in a steamship trunk, secured to the rear of the vehicle...

The "glove box" compartment found in the dashboard was for storing your gloves and goggles when not in use...

Perhaps absurd terminology to some, but certainly practical and straight forward! :D

Also potentially to be filed under the "colour pics for a model I'm building thread", here's a "members meeting members" picture of Jeff Hunt, Gary (prem895), and me meeting at the Lysander at 10am on Saturday....:lol:

IMG_5826.JPG

Needless to say, the meeting did not happen.

Jan only speaks Swettish - and Gibberish!
Matt - I still have no idea what, who, why JAG is - but that is NICE ! (can I have one for Christmas?)
I see the invisibility thing is working well in Canada then!
And now, back to the 'trunk'. We refined and logical British call it 'the boot', as it's derived from the original, purpose-designed container on the back of the horse-drawn carriages and coaches, which was a permanent fitting, rather than a jury-rigged after-thought, and from the side, resembled the shape of a boot.
Oh - hang on! Sorry, I've been wrenched away to take a trunk call ............

It was a dumb TV show over here Terry. Only worth watching for Catherine's appearances. JAG = Judge Advocate General.

Thanks for the explanation chaps. Even if that TV progaramme was/is shown here in the UK, I still wouldn't know who she is - probably because i don't have a TV ! Tasty bit of crumpet though!
John, I think Jan might actually have problems with that - I didn't notice words such as - drink, girls, booze, bar, beer, Staropramen, girls, Becks, more beer, girls, whisky, Spitfire Ale, more beer, girls, Guinness, pub, round, get em in, etc etc.

John, I think Jan might actually have problems with that - I didn't notice words such as - drink, girls, booze, bar, beer, Staropramen, girls, Becks, more beer, girls, whisky, Spitfire Ale, more beer, girls, Guinness, pub, round, get em in, etc etc.

Ummm...we need another British hero to volunteer to be our spy. Brave boys working for Blighty.
Hugh seems to have a basic grasp of Americanise...maybe we could persuade him.
Either that or a 2 weeks holiday in Hull :)
A fate worse than a fate worse than death....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back