Militaria collectors anyone?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Medvedya said:
An Ushanka? Hmm, maybe, but the naval cap is the classic image. Don't have one of those.

I picked up a couple of years ago an original Soviet Navy flag. I do not know which ship (or if it ever was flown from a ship) it was flown from but it is humongous. Size is something like 15ft by 7ft. Great example.

Medvedya said:
White, with a blue stripe on the bottom, a red hammer/sickle and an anchor?

Is that it?

That is exactly it. I dont know too much about Soviet stuff since I limit my collection mostley to Third Reich artifacts. I do however have this flag, a KGB Major's parade uniform. Artillary General's parade uniform, and tons of headgear and other stuff that I mostley picked up in East Berlin after the wall fell.

Eeek! I went and completely stripped down the Mosin today! It would have had to have been deactivated, not because of legal reasons, but because underneath the wood the barrel was partially eaten away with corrosion in two places - fire that, and it would be an E.O.Y scenario.

End. Of. You

It's the damn Chinese army - after the war, a huge job lot of Mosins were sold to the PRA, and apparantly they can't look after their weapons or keep an armoury for toffee.

I know, I'm not, nor ever was the Uber soldier, but I know how to keep a weapon in a reasonable state - the more I worked on it - stripping the bolt assembly and then lifing out the barrel and reciever, the more it was revealed how poorly it had been kept. There was this awful dirty oily, varnishy smell that screamed utter neglect.

Anyway, I've now degrunged it as best I can, so I'm quite pleased with my efforts.

Probably spent years sweating in the gun room, and then eventually packed away in grease for a couple of decades.

When I unscrewed the firing pin, I only remembered what was coming next a split second after the whole assembly shot out across the kitchen floor.

That would have earnt me a chorus of boos and five press-ups in the mob! :lol:

I have done that several times with my M-9 pistol. Im usually talking with someone and forget what to pay attention and then there is a spring shooting across the room, usually at someones face!

Found this in a box of old coins I inherited when my parents died. It's odd because I've had the box for about 7 years and never looked in it until tonight. I don't think it's real, looks cheaply made. The eagle is loose. The name on the back is Erdmann...

002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG

Geo

Thanks Terry. Did some Googlin' and it looks like a paratrooper badge. Found a name, Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Erdmann, in command of the Fallschirmjäger-Division Erdmann so I'm thinking the name on the back of the badge was the division name.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back