Militaria collectors anyone?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Adler our old homestead in Höningen is quite close to where he was born and the Baer or Bär contingent is quite large many living still in the Pfalz. when the crap-head napoleon came into Germany in the 1800's my mothers familie was pushed all over the place some of the men recruited into fighting for that loser and upon return settled on the border o f Germany/Poland and even on the border of France/Germany in the Saar. typical of what happened to almost every German familie, my wifes for one was without exception, her families home village wiped off the face of the present day map thanks to that corscican piece of shit

Go east up in the hills above Bad Dürkheim and you will find the small viallge of some of my familie-Baer at Höningen. Very old gravesites with the old schrift on the stones....

E ~

Just bought this today - my own Moisin Nagant Rifle! No use to Vassili Zaitsev though, as it's deactivated.

Also, it's not in the best condition as you can see, but I've tried to clean it up with some wood oil.

Attachments

• moisin1_110.jpg
    moisin1_110.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 549
  • moisin2_170.jpg
    moisin2_170.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 548
  • moisin3_168.jpg
    moisin3_168.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 541
Weapon deactivation is done by an approved armourers in Birmingham, where they shear off part of the firing pin, and weld a metal rod down inside the barrel.

For live weapons, the militaria shop owner and I would have needed to both own firearms licences. Firstly for him to sell it in his shop in the first place, and for latterly for me to posess the rifle.

All handguns and automatic weapons are completely out, licence or no licence. (you can of course own deactivated ones though)

We have just about the toughest gun laws in the world here. :(

Medvedya said:
Weapon deactivation is done by an approved armourers in Birmingham, where they shear off part of the firing pin, and weld a metal rod down inside the barrel.
That's what I thought.
You can own live small arms here, except for fully automatic weapons, but the red tape and annual fees make it a major hassle. :|
I know a couple of guys who collect, but both of them are talking about selling large parts of their collections due to the bother of it nowadays. One of them owns a deactivated Bren gun and a Sten Mk. V, though.

Yeah, it's more bother than it's worth. I'd have to apply for a licence through the police, pay for it, have plod come round to inspect the security of where I was going to keep any firearms, and where would I be able to fire live rounds in the middle of Bristol?

I have several German 8mm Mausers and they are all still able to be fired. I have shot them on several occasions but I rarely do so. Plus it is getting even more and more stupid in Germany when it comes to owning a firearm. Mine can not even leave the armsroom on the military post were I work.

And all because of one or two maniacs who go on the rampage and start shooting people.

And the maniacs don't usually start off as law abiding citizens, and suddenly switch to kill frenzy.

In most of these cases, (Dunblane, Hungerford), these people have had huge question marks over them in the first place, and nobody does anything - until it's too late.

Then what happens? It's the responsible collector, who is into the history rather than the fact it's a gun who gets punished.

congrats Med ! a fine piece. Hey U guys are invited to bring your "toys" here to southern Oregon and blow away as much ammo to targets as you wish. We have an incrdible and very active gun club here, although I must say we have one of the largest contingents of survivalists known to mankind dwelling in the hillsides and even below the hillsides. Of course one would expect the red-neck atmosphere here of the old dead hippie as myself with the stigma of a oversized 4 x 4 with 2 big rifles on the gun rack on the back of the rear window.....its' true.

~ E ~

BombTaxi said:
My dad still shoots an Enfield No.4 regularly. When Ive got a place of my own, I wanna start shooting again, its been years since I had the chance :rolleyes:
That's a nice rifle. :cool:
The militia armoury here in Halifax still holds some of them. They're only really used for ceremonial drill purposes, but they're maintained and serviceable. I only got the chance to fire blanks from one years ago, during a ceremonial salute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back