Most Beautiful Aircraft of WW2? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey, I didn't specify three ovens set to different temperatures, nor sauce pans.

They may not complain ... what am I talking about? They ALWAYS complain!

Since my last name is Pascal, I can say that about the French without being racist.

I just have to make some sauces first. Did that already, so it's all good ...

Hey, I didn't specify three ovens set to different temperatures, nor sauce pans.

They may not complain ... what am I talking about? They ALWAYS complain!

Since my last name is Pascal, I can say that about the French without being racist.

I just have to make some sauces first. Did that already, so it's all good ...

Just stay away from the underslung wine-bar, you're probably good.

No send him home in a super marine walrus
I like the Walrus, but she's not pretty. It's odd though that the same man who made the Spitfire made these clunky flying boats. I would have expected RJ Mitchell's seaplane to be more like the postwar Supermarine Seagull, but initially with a Merlin. The Griffon-powered Seagull was good for 260 mph!

seagull-1a.jpg

Last edited:
A bit off-topic maybe, but here's a J 22 I drew.

1715126931091.png

Always DID like the lines ... and the performance given the installed power.

I need to go back and add the bottom gray color to the front view undersurfaces ... and finish the undersurface gray on the side view. Sort of sloppy to leave it that way ...
Beautiful picture Greg!
Very nice work. :thumbright:
I remember there used to be a J-22 website that was created by an aeronautical engineer and he actually took all the info for the version of the R-1830 with the two speed/two-stage supercharger and adapted it to the J-22 and came up calculated performance results based on the improved engine.
He called it a "J-22C".
The airplane would've done very well against the 109 (not that it didn't in the forms it actually took).
Something about this picture reminded me of that website.

Beautiful picture Greg!
Very nice work. :thumbright:
I remember there used to be a J-22 website that was created by an aeronautical engineer and he actually took all the info for the version of the R-1830 with the two speed/two-stage supercharger and adapted it to the J-22 and came up calculated performance results based on the improved engine.
He called it a "J-22C".
The airplane would've done very well against the 109 (not that it didn't in the forms it actually took).
Something about this picture reminded me of that website.
Ah yep, I remember it, you can still find it on the way back machine. Actually emailed the guy that ran it last week to answer a question about the J22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back