Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some of my Favorites.
F-4U
FW-190 DORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P-40
B-17
Any flying boat
F-104
SR-71
And I know as soon as I click "Submit post" I'll think of a couple more

Erich said:
still looks like a Me 262 wannabe

Except that it was a special built aircraft for the 1934 England to Australia air race, which it won. Second place went to a KLM DC-2 and third was a Roscoe Turner flown Boeing 247, both commercial passenger planes that stunned the world with their performance at that time.

hole in the ground said:
Dh 88 Comet
only three ever built (not including replicas) still has had a failry large impact on aviation. Can anyone spot the family resemblances to other Dhs?

It was made of wood, it was the first De Havilland 'Wooden Wonder'. I won one of the many of the Britain to Australia Air races back in the 'Golden Age' of aviation.

Will.

alright then who knows the aircraft on the ceiling above it?

and the Whirlwind is an exceptionally beautiful aircraft.........

mignet, flea.
I think thats how you spelt the guys name.
Some sources that i have read said that it was a death trap and some say it was very stable.
I have no idea myself.
However this is very off topic as it is a hideous

well although i am not going to change my mind about the comet,
mosquito man i believe that you are forgetting the Hornet perhaps?
avmoss_3_01.jpg

NexDH103.jpg
AFF_HORNET_3VW.jpg

hornets_m.jpg

How about the Lockheed Constellation? I believe it saw duty in WWII as a transport. It was designed to outrun the ZERO at altitude re-supplying the Chinese Army.

Navy Designation R7V, I flew them in VR-7A at Tachikawa AFB 1962-1985. We were primarily Med Evac, but handled troops and general cargo, including drums of Agent Orange.

I also flew them with TWA, and Seaboard, who farmed me out to Aer Lingus under contract for a year.

They were a very pretty bird. I met my future wife on a Dublin layover.

Dirty Ed said:
How about the Lockheed Constellation? I believe it saw duty in WWII as a transport. It was designed to outrun the ZERO at altitude re-supplying the Chinese Army.

Navy Designation R7V, I flew them in VR-7A at Tachikawa AFB 1962-1985. We were primarily Med Evac, but handled troops and general cargo, including drums of Agent Orange.

I also flew them with TWA, and Seaboard, who farmed me out to Aer Lingus under contract for a year.

They were a very pretty bird. I met my future wife on a Dublin layover.
The C121 saw a few of them in the Goose they are a real pretty bird

Attachments

• arsenalds_5.JPG
    arsenalds_5.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 246
  • vg33photo11gu0yz.jpg
    vg33photo11gu0yz.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 254
  • bakervg33a.jpg
    bakervg33a.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 260
  • bakervg33c.jpg