Nazi gold train found ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The journalist covering this said he was with a lot of other journalists looking at "graphs they couldnt understand". Its good to know the guardians of our freedom don't just give up at the first hurdle isnt it?
All a corrupt official has to do is give the idiots a graph.

From what was shown on TV all they said they could find was a tunnel which is a void, from my little experience of seismology that is all anyone can ever find, you cannot say what is in a void without some form of through transmission.

These sort of thing lingers on.

There's several notable events here in this area that keep resurfacing every so often:
In the mid-1800's, a pack mule party laden with 2 million dollars worth of $20 gold coins headed to the banks on the coast was swept away while trying to cross a spring run-off swolen river. Several of the mule carcasses were found in various places down river and numerous gold coins were found over the years, but the bulk of them remain missing.

In the late 1800's, a stagecoach was robbed just outside of town here and the driver was killed by the Ruggle brothers but not before seriously injuring one of them. They made off with the Wells Fargo strongbox containing $20,000 dollars but were captured a few days later, still in this area. The strongbox was not in their possesion when they were captured and they refused to tell of it's location. Before they could be questioned further, they were hauled out of the jail by an angry mob (the stage driver was a loved member of the community) and hung from a Locust tree next to the jail. Repeated searches of the area never turned the strongbox.

During the turn of the century, a mail steamer was enroute from San Francisco to the gold fields of Alaska laden with millions of dollars worth of silver dollars and encountered a violent storm off the northern California coast. It was forced too close to shore and was destroyed on the rocks just outside of Humboldt Bay. Most of the crew and passengers perished and little remained of the ship after the storm, but even to this day, after a typical violent storm, occasional silver dollars can be found on the outer bar of the bay. The main wreckage and cargo has never been located.

we had the same kind of thing here. during the French and Indian or the revolutionary war a wagon train loaded with gold and silver to pay the troops was attacked by Indians. the team carrying the loot got away long enough to bury it and try to make an escape. only a couple made it out alive. afterwards they couldn't find the spot where they stashed the stuff.

a robber hit a stage and got a ton of loot and buried it near the kinzua bridge..he died of pneumonia.

capt kidd supposedly hid some of his treasure there.

there are still a bunch of billy the kids loot that has never been recovered. his brother frank went looking for some of it when he got out of jail but never could find very much. ( conspiracy theorists explanation is that billy's dead was a hoax and he went back and got all his loot )

'It ain't over till the fat lady sings' as they say, and there is more to this than a simple treasure hunt.

A Polish workmate informed me that 'anything below ground' is property of the Polish state, so if that is true, posession is going to be highly contested (to say the least) if anything is found. There is therefore very good reason for the country to inform the ignorant press that there's nothing there...

'It ain't over till the fat lady sings' as they say, and there is more to this than a simple treasure hunt.

A Polish workmate informed me that 'anything below ground' is property of the Polish state, so if that is true, posession is going to be highly contested (to say the least) if anything is found. There is therefore very good reason for the country to inform the ignorant press that there's nothing there...

iirc they were trying to work out a deal with the government for a percentage....if anything below ground is state property that would explain their course of action.

According to the beeb there will be 3 shafts drilled into the 'tunnel' to see if there really is anything there. I won't be holding my breath.

In the England and Wales if you find something of value you have to report it to the coroner within 14 days. I don't know if it is the same in Scotland, you'd have a job getting any gold out of the average Scots hands! If you are lucky it will be declared treasure and you and the landowner (who gets 50%) could be in the money. You are obliged to sell the treasure to a museum at a price determined by an independent panel of experts, but if no museum wants it, you can keep it. Most treasure is going to be more than 300 years old (think Saxon Hoard or the Roman Seaton Down Hoard) but one of the definitions of treasure is
"Objects substantially made from gold or silver but are less than 300 years old, that have been deliberately hidden with the intention of recovery and whose owners or heirs are unknown."
I'm not sure if that would work for £100 million of Nazi gold. It might have to be given to the German government!
Cheers
Steve

It wouldn't and shouldn't go to the German Govt. if it is shown to have been stolen or pilfered as an act of war.If at all possible, should be returned to the original owners.

Somehow I think the German government would try to distance themselves from claiming anything 'nazi'

You think? $100 millions? If the gold (which is entirely imaginary in any case) was impressed 'Reichbank', or whatever was used at the time, I reckon it would be claimed.
Money talks and we all know what walks :)
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back