Official Sig / Avatar test Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I also threw in the Beau, if you want it moved from behind the text, let me know!

Thanks! The Beau looks great! Yes I think it would be better if it was moved from behind the text. {it can still overlap the carrier a bit, that's fine.}

Is there any way to keep the colour on the text? or does it always get washed out as well?

Center his name and put the Beau off the starborad there and it might work.

Freebird, google for a program called "Gimp". Its similar to Photoshop, its free and its not half bad. The fonts are horrible but its a start. At least I can learn without worrying about how much I spent to get a useless program. :)

Maybe something like these.

Attachments

• freebirdsiggy.jpg
    freebirdsiggy.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 99
  • freebirdsiggy1.jpg
    freebirdsiggy1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 103
  • freebirdsiggy1b.jpg
    freebirdsiggy1b.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 96
  • freebirdsiggy1c.jpg
    freebirdsiggy1c.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 184,501
Maybe something like these.

Thanks so much Wurger! I'm going to use one of these. What program do you use? Is it photoshop?

Edit: I tried to save the image direct from my computer, it says "invalid file", I also tried pasting the URL, but that doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Yes I use Photoshop.It is very nice application.You aren't doing anything wrong.Simply the server doesn't like the way you have tried to set the siggy.

Here you are a short pictoral tutorial about how to set your siggy.I hope it is clear and will help you to set your own siggy.Follow it please.Ah... by the way, the pic should be uploaded somehere here on the forum.These four are here, use one of them.

Attachments

• Schowek03.jpg
    Schowek03.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Schowek02.jpg
    Schowek02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Schowek01.jpg
    Schowek01.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Schowek05.jpg
    Schowek05.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Schowek04.jpg
    Schowek04.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 88
Yes,you can be right.According to a caption below the place in Edit Signature option where a pic from your own HDD can be chosen, it should be of 500x100 pixels maximum.Therefore I use the way of setting described above.In the case the forum system lets set a pics in size of 599 pixels horizontally.When 600 pixels and more the system adds a bar " small-large " at the top of each pictures.I'have set one of Freebird'd ones as a example.Can you see?

Attachments

• Schowek01a.jpg
    Schowek01a.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 92
Hi again,

I have checked your thiught.Unfortunately I was unable to upload any pics at all.I have resized a pic to a size as the instruction syggested and nothing.I have gotten a pic of 200x97 pixels and at size 18,4 kB what is less than it is suggested and even then I couldn't upload it.:( So I think that the system doesn't like the way of setting a siggy.:lol:

Hi again,

I have checked your thiught.Unfortunately I was unable to upload any pics at all.I have resized a pic to a size as the instruction syggested and nothing.I have gotten a pic of 200x97 pixels and at size 18,4 kB what is less than it is suggested and even then I couldn't upload it.:( So I think that the system doesn't like the way of setting a siggy.:lol:

That's what i was thinking too, because it wouldn't work for me either. has anyone else uploaded a siggy lately? How did it work?

Jan, have you used the option of siggy setting form your HDD in Edit Signature or you used the second way of setting?

So it seems that a path to a folder is the key.Possible, I have to check it.What is the name of the photobucket server?

THX :D. So you used an URL address from the site.But have you tried to use a pic saved on your own HDD for setting a siggy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back