On board with Jim Clark at Brands Hatch....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dame Jaqui Stewart is in my opinion the greatest, simply because he won three world titles and survived to tell the tale.

I didnt know anything about Jim Clark apart from my brothers scalextric set was Jim and Jack Brabham. When he died all the drivers were agreed that it must have been a car fault because Jim didnt make mistakes, right or wrong that is high esteem from your peers.

Last edited:
Motorsport has always been the only form of sport I watch on TV.

Currently watching F1 of course, but also the World Rally Championship, Superbike World Championship, and sometime British Touring Car Championship.

I like the old cars just fine, especially obscure ones like the Vanwall, but these days we are lucky in the amount of choice and the on board cameras etc. which makes for an epic experience compared to the old days...

I like the old cars just fine, especially obscure ones like the Vanwall, but these days we are lucky in the amount of choice and the on board cameras etc. which makes for an epic experience compared to the old days...
The problem with todays on board coverage is it makes everything look so easy you get no sensation of the g forces the drivers are coping with while sat in a cramped sauna. Despite only sitting when they are competing they are all among the fittest people in sport.

My humble opinion is that Motorcycle road races (both the tracks and true road racing) are their own worst enemies. By keeping the viewing exclusive (pay to view), you make money in the short term while sacrificing increased viewership in the long term.

But the old timers (Surtees, Hailwood, Roberts) those guys had it going on. I have immense respect for them and the new riders who manage traction on the ragged edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back