Update on my research

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CHen10

Airman
Nov 3, 2023
Since I can't register at Luftwaffe and Allied air forces forum, could someone with an account post this there for me? I was going to ask certain people privately but actually it would be better to make it public so the question I want to ask is:

"Is there any data available regarding Soviet aircraft losses in these times and locations:

Kalinovka, Vinniytsia, Sosovo Vahnovka, Uman and Kirovograd
1 January 1944
5 January 1944
8 January 1944
9 January 1944
11 January 1944
15 January 1944
25 January 1944
1 February 1944
3 February 1944
16 February 1944

Kovel
1 April 1944

Krosno, Sanok and Dukla
12 September 1944
13 September 1944
14 September 1944
15 September 1944
16 September 1944"

I feel bad that I have to ask other people to do this for me but there is nothing else I can do.

Since I can't register at Luftwaffe and Allied air forces forum, could someone with an account post this there for me? I was going to ask certain people privately but actually it would be better to make it public so the question I want to ask is:

"Is there any data available regarding Soviet aircraft losses in these times and locations:

Kalinovka, Vinniytsia, Sosovo Vahnovka, Uman and Kirovograd
1 January 1944
5 January 1944
8 January 1944
9 January 1944
11 January 1944
15 January 1944
25 January 1944
1 February 1944
3 February 1944
16 February 1944

Kovel
1 April 1944

Krosno, Sanok and Dukla
12 September 1944
13 September 1944
14 September 1944
15 September 1944
16 September 1944"

I feel bad that I have to ask other people to do this for me but there is nothing else I can do.
I would feel quite confident in this Forum being able to come up with some answers for you.

I've tried using that website, but I'm completely confused. How do you use it?
This is one of the online portals to the Central Military Archives of the Russian Federation (TsAMO RF). It contains parts of the archive but is has multiple millions of sheets scanned in... so very large. The best advice I can give (as I do not have any information relating to your specified times/region as it fall outside of my area of interest) it to open up the portal, open up a Cyrillic virtual keyboard of choice as the portal does not accept Latin letters, open up a translating app of choice and begin to play around by searching for the information you need. You could perhaps start by researching on Авиаторы to find out which units you would need to do research on, then in Pamyat-Naroda search those units within your specified time range.
Remember, research takes time and patience.

All the best,
Dan.

This is one of the online portals to the Central Military Archives of the Russian Federation (TsAMO RF). It contains parts of the archive but is has multiple millions of sheets scanned in... so very large. The best advice I can give (as I do not have any information relating to your specified times/region as it fall outside of my area of interest) it to open up the portal, open up a Cyrillic virtual keyboard of choice as the portal does not accept Latin letters, open up a translating app of choice and begin to play around by searching for the information you need. You could perhaps start by researching on Авиаторы to find out which units you would need to do research on, then in Pamyat-Naroda search those units within your specified time range.
Remember, research takes time and patience.

All the best,
Dan.
Using that website I was able to find the losses on April 1 1944. I could tell because even though I can't speak Russian I saw keywords like "Kovel" "Yak-9" "Fw-190" etc. So this is definitely the thing I need. I will keep looking through this website to find the other dates as I seem to be getting somewhere. As for translating these documents I will have to get help irl. Thanks Dan!

Hi All,

A few months ago I requested help with finding Soviet losses in certain areas and dates. Thanks to Pamyat Naroda I have actually found every single loss for those dates I needed as well as the time they crashed. I started looking for losses in 1943 as that was the next aspect of my research. Even though for 1943 Pamyat Naroda has the lists of people who were lost as well as the aircraft they flew, for some reason the times for losses in 1943 are much harder to find. Does anybody know of any alternatives to Pamyat Naroda or any other way to find the times of Soviet air losses in 1943? I have the list of pilots who were lost but digging through their files still doesn't provide a time.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back