Picture of the day. (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have a look at this awesome job being done in this thread (mentioned earlier) and it's in 1/48 scale.

Crikey! No kids.

That last one that Lucky posted was very evocative; it shows a Lancaster flight engineer and with the help of a copy of the Lancaster I Pilot's Notes, the switch he's got his finger on is the fuel contents gauge switch. When this is depressed, the needle on the gauges swing to the level in the tanks when the aircraft is static. I thought it might have been a Manchester since the cockpit layout was the same, but you can see four each of fuel gauges and power and condition levers between the flight engineer and pilot's seat.

A Ju88 crew wear Stahlhelms for protection from flak.

Ju88_crew_protected_against_flak[720].jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a nice one, Lucky; I'd not seen that before. Most likely pre-war shot of Spitfire Mk.Is fitted with three blade de Haviilland propellers. They still have the tall straight radio aerials and flat topped canopies. No roundels on tops of the wings either.

Good stuff. The last shot is a 'still' from cine film, which was later 'colourised' for inclusion in the 'World War 2 in Colour' series on British television. I have it on DVD, in original B&W and in the 'colourised' version.
The SPG really kicks back on its tracks when it fires, creating a lot of dust from muzzle blast, just seen forming in the photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back