Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The kid on the right, in the naval uniform ...

No wonder.. the dive bomber was Pe-2 series 205 of 40 GvBAP, Black Sea Fleet, in 1945.

Should be "For the Great Stalin!"

Now you are correct with the translation. :thumbright:

Pe2-Gnedoy.jpg

Regarding the earlier comments about Destroyers and Battleships...

A Destroyer bearing down on you means serious trouble. A Battleship bearing down on you means an imminent a$$kicking.

But when you have 2 Battleships and 3 Cruisers bearing down on you? It means sh!t is about to get real...

pa-1945b.jpg

And if he had to jump with that parachute harness adjusted as it is, he'd be talking in a very high-pitched voice for the rest of his life!
Maybe he is using his head. Personally I always eased crutch straps once on the ground or you had sores where you really didn't want sores after walking a short distance

Fair point, but with that type of harness, the adjustments have to be made before fitting, then pulled up when the clasps are fastened. Once done, it's almost impossible to loosen the crutch straps without undoing the clasps. Bl**dy awful design, compared to the four-point quick-release harness types. But, probably the usual, very common attitude - I won't need the parachute, as it'll never happen to me, so I'll just wear it as comfortably as I can.
And once on the ground, it's very unlikely that the parachute will be needed, so take it off!

F4U Corsair Production Line of the Chance Vought aircraft factory in Stratford, Connecticut which produced over 6,000 Corsairs. The Corsair's folding wing feature, necessary for Carrier operations and hangar deck storage, must surely have been a huge benefit on the Corsair assembly line as well.

Factory52.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back