Plane information

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Renani

Recruit
Feb 7, 2023
Is there a good website for finding out when and where a plane was assembled? Specifically I'm looking for information on a specific B17 used in WWII. Where it was made and when it rolled off the assembly line. I have the ID number. Thanks.

Is there a good website for finding out when and where a plane was assembled? Specifically I'm looking for information on a specific B17 used in WWII. Where it was made and when it rolled off the assembly line. I have the ID number. Thanks.
Why not post the information you have?

Joe Baugher's site lists all the serial & block numbers for the varioua factories

His serials pages then give some history of individual aircraft.

davie:

If you've got that level of documentation, by any chance do you have any detailed photos &/ or drawings of the model -299 used as a testbed for the Wright Typhoon turboprop?

I would like to build (& convert) a Guillow's B-17 kit into such a unique aircraft. To my knowledge, no one has built such a large scale model.

On this same topic, I'd like to also convert a standard -G model of the B-17 into a YB-17 prototype with its slim fuselage & different vertical tail profile among a dozen other variations. Again, for the same reasons.

A brief background: I have posted on this site dozens of step-by-step photos of my Guillow's Mustang build into a classic detailed model covered by aluminum foiling system called Flite Metal.

I've enclosed a photo of the completed model of the Mustang to help give you an idea of my style of modeling.

Any photos of the two aircraft would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Gary
IMG_8308.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back