Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks for the fast reply, and is ok i'll wait.
btw what kind of blue is that ?looks metalic,?

Yes, the blue is metallic. Here is a close up of the strut and part of the wheel well. Hopefully, this will help more.

Attachments

• zerogear_207.jpg
    zerogear_207.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 823
There are a couple of ways that you can do the canopy, both take some time, but produce good results. One is to use masking tape to mask off the window portion and use a sharp hobby knife to cut the tape where the painted parts are.

Another way that also works is to use white glue to mask off the non-painted areas. Once the paint is dry, peel out the white glue and voila!

Using either method takes time and patience to get right, but the results are worth it.

nice models black wolf,
how come we always have a clutered desk? :mrgreen:
( a clean and unclutered desk is a sign of a sick mind)
also i can see you have a lot of kits waiting to assambly, how many do you have?
i have around 200

Maestro said:
Wildcat, an other thing you can do to paint canopy is to use Maskol. You use it the same way as Evan said about the white glue.
another way is to use EZ mask, same principle as the white glue

evangilder said:
Yes, the blue is metallic. Here is a close up of the strut and part of the wheel well. Hopefully, this will help more.
YES,that will do, a thousands thanks!!!

Thanks fellas...

To answer some questions:

My personal stash is at about 500 kits right now, with about 300 transients. (I buy sell and trade kits...)

A cluttered desk is a sign of a sick mind as well! LOL

Umm... yes I have been paid to build, or as I put it... pained to build. Doing commision builds can be a pain in the ass, depending on the client. The last fella I built for was a real jackass and it was that experience that turned me off of taking commissions. However, one thing he asked me to do that I really enjoyed was to detail and paint some 1/200 resin models. I wish I had more pictures of some of the pieces I did for him... a couple were dang nice. I did a couple nightfighters, a Bf 110 and Ju 88, with some really intricate radar antennae. I also did a Bf 110 with the wasp on the nose and a B-25 with the parrot nose art. That was alotta fun and I wish I coulda kept them all.

Unfortunately this is the only shot I have, and it's nothing special...

Fw190200.gif

Anyhoo, I've sold a few built-ups on evilbay but that's a whole different set of problems. I prefer a face to face exchange of models for moolah because I don't really like the idea of shipping them.

Fade to Black...

I thought you might have because those are very good, as an understatement. I had a friend who used to sell his to model shops [for show] and such, he was excellent.

Avert your eyes, I finished my Ca.311! My best model yet me thinks.

Just started a B-29...wish me luck.

Attachments

• ca.311_fin_194.jpg
    ca.311_fin_194.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 750
me262, glad I could help. BW, your models are truly incredible. I love the P-47 that you did! We have a guy at our museum that does similar work and he is a perfectionist, so they all look very well done also. Have you ever thought of doing some work for an aviation museum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back