Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Vic and Andy!

Latest off the 'to get' list, thanks to Ivett who won it for me on E-bay :D

Merlin Models, kit No.9: Gloster Grebe, 1:72

STA54879.JPG

STA54880.JPG

STA54881.JPG

I'm still amazed by the P-38 nose art decal quality. Now I want to find some. I can think of one forum where the pictures of the nose art would get you banned for nudity. Good to know that there are people here that won't censor us to death.

Well, I went ahead and bought a few things from hannants. Got some 747 detail decals by Flying Colors in 1/144 scale, a sheet of TWA decals for an MD-80, which is a filler item. Hate that Hannants has to have you spend $50 before shipping to you.

And an item which I now regret purchasing...a set of JT9D engines for the 747 by Bra.Z models. I later come to find out these engines are only meant for the 200 series and late model 100 series of the 747...and Pan Am only operated early 100s, and N739PA was an early 100 series 747. The difference is in the pylons. I've learned that Welsh Models makes such an item, but I'll wait to buy that later. I guess I'm stuck with these engines, now....

IMG_20140710_080236_220.jpg

IMG_20140718_081154_800.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome buys guys.

The Gloster Grebe looks interesting. Wayne's 109E looks cool too. Sounds like Dragon moved ahead on the quality curve with that one.

Here are my recents.

Got the Eduard 1/48 scale late Dora kit for my first Dora build. I went with this one rather than the 190D as Eduard includes two fuselages in the kit to make either the 190D with TA152 tail which they call a late Dora ( I am pretty sure the Luftwaffe didn't call them by this moniker) or a regular 190D. The fuselage in the picture below is the one with the TA152 tail. Not shown is the standard 190D fuselage which is in a dark blue styrene. Not sure why they didn't include it in the picture.

Also, I picked up a 1/32 scale Wurger from Hasegawa. This is one of their new tool 190's though by armour modeling standards its old.

190d.JPG

fw190a832reviewbg_boxart.jpg

Last edited:
Hate that Hannants has to have you spend $50 before shipping to you.

And an item which I now regret purchasing...a set of JT9D engines for the 747 by Bra.Z models. I later come to find out these engines are only meant for the 200 series and late model 100 series of the 747

The 50 bucks is a bit of a bummer.

The 747 you are doing. If you have seen my thread on the BIGA$$ 747-300 QANTAS I am repairing (http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/st...300-rephis-time-am-i-business-what-41236.html). It took me forever to find the pylon profile to remount the engines, which I have to replicate. The iformation I have found is the 200 and 300 used the same RR engines, the pointy cone in the rear was not part of these. To your knowledege, is this true????

Bill

Last edited:
Nice buys Dave. I built that Eduard Dora in the "Doras Galoras" GB and loved it. You need to be really careful lining up the parts around the engine though or you'll have trouble closing the fuselage. Love the JG54 scheme on the Hasegawa box.

The 50 bucks is a bit of a bummer.

The 747 you are doing. If you have seen my thread on the BIGA$$ 747-300 QANTAS I am repairing (http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/st...300-rephis-time-am-i-business-what-41236.html). It took me forever to find the pylon profile to remount the engines, which I have to replicate. The iformation I have found is the 200 and 300 used the same RR engines, the pointy cone in the rear was not part of these. To your knowledege, is this true????

Bill

to the best of my knowledge Bill, I'm not entirely sure. you'll have to compare photos on airliners.net

That Grebe will be a challenge Even, all that rigging.

Nice one Wayne. Have you seen the Eduard 1/48 Bf 109G Royal Classic out this month, even get your own bit of a real 109G-14 a Gustav beer glass and a whole lot more.

On the Hannants shipping, you must make a $50.00 purchase to receive free shipping. Not to make a purchase. My first purchase from them a few weeks ago was for two decal sheets. With shipping it came to $18.00 and some change. And I got quick service to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back