Revell B-17F 'Memphis Belle' 1/48 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wurger. Considering I painted it all with a brush it didn't turn out too bad I recon. Just a few little things left to attach and then it on to the decals. oh joy :rolleyes:

Thanks for your comments guys.

Dirk it took about 3 coats to get the olive green just right, mainly because i used a different brush on the 2nd coat, and I didn't like the look of it, so I tried again with the 1st brush. I started putting on the decals this afternoon, and I'm half way through them already :BIG: I really need to get myself a decent lamp and possibly one with a built in magnifying lens in it. It would certainly help with all the small decals on it. :rolleyes:

Nice paint job mate. If it's going to be 'Memphis Belle' though, she was overall Olive Drab on the upper surfaces - no Medium Green 'crows feet' or fin, and the control surfaces were also O.D.

I really need to get myself a decent lamp and possibly one with a built in magnifying lens in it. It would certainly help with all the small decals on it. :rolleyes:

You mean like this one? I got this from Harbor Freight dirt cheap.

IMG_2632.jpg

Thats the fella Dirk. Not been able to find a dirt cheap one over here yet though.

Apparently, Aldi had one at a very reasonable price. But I keep missing them - as you know, Aldi seem to have things on 'offer' for short periods now and then, so you have to be quick!

Thanks for that Airframes. Will defo look out for them.

Well I've finally finished my 1st model. Took me about 5hrs today to finish off the decals. I can honestly say I really enjoyed doing this. OK, its not perfect by all means, but its a start, and like everyone says, you have to start somewhere. :lol:

Here are a few shots of the completed kit.

Attachments

• DSCF5468.JPG
    DSCF5468.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF5469.JPG
    DSCF5469.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF5470.JPG
    DSCF5470.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF5471.JPG
    DSCF5471.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCF5472.JPG
    DSCF5472.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 168
Thanks Airframes. Coming from you, that means a lot. :thumbright:

Now to start my next build. A Revell's 1/225 HMS Victory. As this is my 1st ever boat build, this should prove interesting, to say the least. :oops:

Thanks alot guys for your really nice comments. I've started my next build today. My 1/225 HMS Victory model. So far, its turning out ok. I think. lol

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back