The Next Generation Group Builds Listing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Vic

Thanks for the very good effort. I like all thew choices, and unlike the other guys dont have a super large stash. Im just voting from an interest point of view

My top Nominations would be

8, 12, 7 , 16, 10, 18, 15, 4

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for all your effort Vic. It's very much appreciated. You haven't specified if there's a limitation at how many GB suggestions we can pick so here are my favorites: 3, 4, 5, 2, 10, 9, 13, 11, 1, 14, 22, 8.

Also I have another suggestion, something we were discussing in other threads in the past... How about doing a "Second Chance GB"? This could be done after the completion of our current GB list and before we jump on the future list we are voting on now. This GB would give a chance to old participants to finish their entries from previous group builds which remained unfinished for whatever reason and also those guys who completely missed some of them (weren't members of the forum at that time, etc) could make new entries from one of the previous group builds of their choosing.

Many thanks Michael and Igor, your numbers have been added to the listing.

Igor, many thanks for the idea, I realise and know that there are a number of you out there who for one reason or another, never managed to make the deadline in past builds and were also not around when a particular build took place.

With this new listing you will see that most of the subjects in the past builds are incorporated somewhere within this new list, they will just have a different heading and be more encompassing than the specific subjecting of the previous GBs. Therefore, my feelings on incomplete past builds (and please folks I welcome comment on this), is that the modeller wishing to complete a build as part of a GB, should be able to incorporate that build within one of the new listings. This would be on the proviso that the other members are quite happy to include a part built kit within the GB, then the build could be completed on equal terms within the selected GB.

I should also clarify Igor that in past builds, similar situations have happened where part built kits have been entered into GB with no problems.

I hope that's making sense folks and please, comments are welcomed.

Oh and BTW Igor, no limit on how many selections my friend, you can do the whole list if you want.

Last edited:
Good point Igor, though the more popular builds have made a reappearance on this current list (some not the same title, but subject yes).

Glenn, same problem here re the BV 222!!! Likewise the P-3C Orion, C-130 and Me 323...

Evan brought this up in my RNZAF Avenger thread. Are land based aircraft allowed for the carrier aircraft build if they are carrier aircraft? IE early Marine Corsairs, Kiwi Corsairs and Avengers.

My thoughts are that if the aircraft was built to fly and land on a carrier, but for other reasons is now a land lubber, it's still in essence a carrier aircraft with the right essential for carrier operations.

Good point Igor, though the more popular builds have made a reappearance on this current list (some not the same title, but subject yes).

Yes, I noticed that of course. It's just that my notion was to give another chance to the unfinished projects. However, if partly build models can be entered to the official group builds on the new list then there's no need for separate "Second Chance GB".

Well I think I have a few years onya.
These I chose cuz I have airplanes in mind for them, if chosen.
When's are you gonna do a prelim tally??? huh huh?

Cheers Vic, I do have some options for the carrier build then! :D (the RNZAF 'carrier' types that never flew off a deck in our use!)

Igor, sorry mate, my misunderstanding. I thought you meant a rehash of those subjects, not a chance to finish started builds.

Are there any more takers out there who want to add their preferences to the next list of GBs. Speak up now folks as I'm getting ready to do the count-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back