The Next Generation Group Builds Listing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is it not possible to turn this into a poll, to save you from counting....?

At the moment:

1. No. 7
2. No. 8
3. No. 9
4. No. 10
5. No. 11
6. No. 12
7. No. 13
8. No. 14
9. No. 17
10. No. 18
11. No. 19
12. No. 20

Holey moley, I'll have to print that out so I can keep track of what I is doin.
Oldtimers, ya know.

Thanks for taking the time to do the list Vic!

Most are of interest to some degree or other, but these are the MOST interesting: 19, 15 (WW II), 16, 14, 10, 6, 2, 1, 9

(forgot to specify era for 15, cheers for the reminder Glenn!)

Last edited:
I like all the choices and have something in the stash for every one of them so wouldn't mind seeing them all done, but here's my top 10 choices in order:
15 (WWII)

Thanks for taking the time to do the list Vic!

Most are of interest to some degree or other, but these are the MOST interesting: 19, 15 (WW II), 16, 14, 10, 6, 2, 1, 9

(forgot to specify era for 15, cheers for the reminder Glenn!)

Thanks again Even, sorry but it was partly my error as I'd forgotten to highlight the request.

Also many thanks Andy, your choice has been recorded.

So to the latest list and time for a bit of a vote.

First up, my sincere thanks to all you folk out there for taking time to think and add your ideas to this list. Having added all your suggestions, I've rehashed the list and the result are listed below.

Unfortunately I neither have the skills and am not in a position to turn this into a score chart so I'm going to have to ask that you indulge me in this archaic process of scoring.

Please also be open minded about your nominations, a lot of though and work has gone into compiling this list and it would be nice if we could from this listing, set future GBs for the next 3 years or more into the future.

Voting can be done through this thread or direct to me on a PM. No time limit is being set on your voting but one would hope that within the next couple of weeks I will have some idea on how the new GB list will look.

Just in case some of you missed an earlier question, the final agreed list will commence where the current GB list finishes. The last listed GB is from Feb 1st-May 31st 2013 (revised finish Sunday, 2 June 2013) - The Jet Age 1944-45/Recon-Transport-Observer Aircraft of WW2 SPLIT BUILD

I have numbered each GB category and would appreciate it if each of you could nominate your preferred categories in the order that you would like to do the builds, e.g. 14, 18, 6, 12, 3 and so on. Should you have no interests in some of the listed builds, then no problem, just don't list them.

1. Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII. The last run of this build brought up some interesting subjects, it's worth running again

2. Aircraft Nose Art. Aircraft must be based on an actual example of flamboyant personal or squadron markings. This one has no set period.

3. Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. Taking in all fronts following the allied invasion across the channel, up through Italy and across from Eastern Europe.

4. Allied Manufactured Aircraft of WWII. Scope across the board here from single to four engine aircraft in any role. Not just the main ones like America, Britain, The Commonwealth Countries, France and the Soviet Union but also countries like Poland and Czechoslovakia who had aircraft industries prior to invasion.

5. Axis Manufacture Aircraft of WWII. Scope across the board here from single to multi engine in any role, land based or carrier.

6. Battle for France to the Battle of Britain Allied or Axis. Giving scope for allied or axis builds, not forgetting Italy and France.

7. Between the wars 1919-1938. Aircraft in civil or military service. Lots of scope for research into the fledgling civil aviation or military operations in conflicts or peace keeping. Some examples: Greco-Turkish war 1919-1922, Second Italo-Ethiopian War October 1935-May 1936, Spanish Civil War July 1936-April 1939……………Here's a useful link to tempt your palate – Axis History Forum • View topic - Conflicts between WWI and WWII?

8. Defense of Britain and the Atlantic WWII Allied or Axis. Defense of Britain from the phony war to the 'D' Day landings in 1944 including Invasion Stripes coupled with the Atlantic War Mid 1940-1943. Opens the door for a host of aircraft, fighters, bombers, dive bombers, ground attack, land based or carrier based as well as Coastal Command aircraft either in search and rescue, ship launched, coastal or convoy defence and float planes.

9. Heavy Hitters of WWII Allied or Axis, Single to Multi Engine. Bombers, dive bombers, tank busters, ground attack, anything that delivers a heavy punch.

10. Helicopters Military or Civil all Ears. This could includes and rotor or prop vertical takeoff aircraft experimental of conceptual, such as Lockheed XFV-1 or Osprey CV-22.

11. Mediterranean Theatre of Operations WWII. Including the North African Campaign, the Eastern Mediterranean Operations, the siege of Malta and the Allied landings in Sicily. Good scope for Italian and Vichy aircraft.

12. Military conflicts of the 1950s. E.g. Korean War Jun 1950-Jul 1953, Algerian War 1954–1962, Suez Crisis 1956.

13. Night War of WWII, Allied or Axis. Anything related to night operations such as bombers, night fighter, pathfinders, espionage operations and intruders.

14. Pacific Theatre of Operations Land Based or Carrier Launched WWII, Allied or Axis. Self explanatory really but an opportunity to bring in the America, Commonwealth and Japanese aircraft from the occupation of China to the occupation of Japan.* *

15. 'Post-War Warbirds' Given a New Lease Of Life. Civilian and military use of WWII types after 1945, including air show circuit birds, water bombers and crop dusters, museum examples, civilian airliners/ touring aircraft, foreign service post war, etc, etc...Would allow some of the odd-ball post war conversions and dubious airshow and museum 'camo jobs' a look in, as well some of the smart civvy schemes worn by ex-military aircraft………………Please indicate if this should be limited to ex-WWII aircraft or be opened to any ex-military aircraft now in civil or military hands.

16. Prototype or Weird Aircraft. From those that didn't get off the drawing board to those ones that went into prototype production and made the maiden flight. If the prototype went into full production then only the prototypes aircraft should be considered for this build.

17. Seaplanes, Floatplanes of WWII, Allied or Axis. Lots of scope here from little single engine to those huge Blohm Voss mammoths if you can find the kit.

18. The Jet Age or What Could Have Been. We all have a jet that we loved and always wanted to build, one that we loved to hate, one that we wished could have been and possibly would have been if it wasn't for politics or just one that has been hanging around too long in the stash.

19. The Reich, its Allies and there Capture Aircraft. Scope to bring in some of the lesser known countries involved with the Axis powers and the aircraft they captured.

20. Twin Engine Aircraft of WWII Allied or Axis. Huge scope here and again we can take it from prototype to production.

21. Vietnam French/American War 1950-1975. Good scope here for American, Commonwealth, French and Chinese aircraft either land based or carrier.

22. Winter War and Eastern Front of WWII, Allied or Axis. Scope to cover this bitter conflict that saw the partitioning of Poland in 1939 and the annexation of the Baltic States. The invasion of Finland in November 1939 by the USSR, the invasion of Russia (Operation Barbarossa) through to the Great Patriotic Wars that lead to Berlin.

My thanks in anticipation to you all for participating.

1. No. 7: Quite a few ideas here! Something from USS Yorktown or something else colourful!
2. No. 8: A Coastal Command Catalina and my 1/48 Wellington III has popped into my head, just to mention two...
3. No. 9: Ju 87 based in Norway or...
4. No. 10: That classic Huey!
5. No. 11: Swordfish from the Tarranto attack perhaps?
6. No. 12: Korean War B-29, F4U-4, A(B)-26 Invader or an F-86.....hmmmm....need to look into the Suez crisis a bit more...
7. No. 13: Bf-110 or '88 nightfighter....
8. No. 14: USS Yorktown, CV-5 again or -10 or a bird from the 'Cactus Air Force' me think....
9. No. 17: Catalina (Black Cat), Duck, Goose or Kingfisher....
10. No. 18: Obviously the Swedish TSR-2!
11. No. 19: Still pondering on this one, a Romanian '109 is close to the top...
12. No. 20: Either my 1/32 '88 or '111!

Which reminds me Vic, I forgot to add 21!!

21: A 1/48 USS Coral Sea A-6 Intruder (Kinetic or Hobby Boss), Skyraider, Crusader or either one of the colourful Phantoms of '72 (I think) from VF-51 Screaming Eagles and VF-111 Sundowners...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back