The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Unfortunately no correct answers. The hint is below. Also sorry GeeDee. I should probably start checking if there are rules/reading the rules before I just jump in! :oops:
whatAmi..PNG

Hey, no worries mate :)

Getting the impression its an early English passenger aircraft...around the time the Handley Page Heracles and the Armstrong Whitworth Argosy where in the circuit...looks like a shoulder mounted main wing and for some reason, I'm convinced its got exposed radials....

Yeah, I know, I'm wrong....its a modified Piper Cub :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately no exposed radial BUT It's definitely from the same decade and country as the Cub, It can carry passengers or cargo, It has a radial and it's a one-off. I kinda narrowed it down alot but this one is so difficult I forgot the name of it for a few days!

. I kinda narrowed it down alot but this one is so difficult I forgot the name of it for a few days!

What ?????...you mean you forgot the Kreider-Reisner XC-31 !!!!

This one was also known as the Fairchild XC-31 :)

And I was totally wrong, it wasn't an early English airliner !!

Last edited:
Kreider-Reisner is kinda hard to remember (at least in the spelling department!) I narrowed it down quite a bit as I was worried no one would get it and Aaron you're right, GeeDee got that one!

Reckon Nuuumannn must be on his hols, so I've added this one to keep the balls running.

As is the norm, I've been real sneaky and using selective cropping, I haven't included the whole plane....heck, even one of the ground-crew is hiding their face !!!. Hope I haven't made it too hard for ya as there'll be Harley any clues :lol:

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 103
"Jeez...these guys are s'posed to be good and they can't even ID that plane thing we wuz stood next to!. Its a good job they can't read the tank on our Harley !!"

Well, I can't really say the usual one...'Bump ! :)

Attachments

• what1.jpg
    what1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 81
I saw six... :D

Been a bit busy, studying for exams and writing stuff as well.

I usually post my own photos if I can, but I thought I'd be a bit mean spirited and post this one, about which I recently bought a book, although that's no real clue. It's a biplane built during WW1, but used afterwards.

Whatsthissm_zps7435d20d.jpg

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back