The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oooh, nice out there guess, but nope. The Griffin was not in service post war and not exported. Another clue, it was ship based. The answer is quite semple, really...

Okay, clearly this is stumping a few people. Further clues - most of you missed the 'semple' clue I threw in earlier. Colonel the Master of Semple led the British naval mission to Japan in 1921 and examples of this aircraft were sent along with the mission. it was carrier based, but was not a fighter, nor was it a torpedo plane, so the Cuckoo and Swift - not two seaters at any rate can be discounted. Like I also pointed out, the US Navy operated them, too. Keep guessing - it's an obscure lesser known type, so you're gonna have to get out your books and do a little research...

Yep, Token, too obvious, I said earlier it wasn't a fighter, although the Nieuport Nighthawk was one type the Japanese received during the mission. Another clue; it didn't have folding wings, but it had a folding rear end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back