Vought OS2U Kingfisher

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Original 1942 Air Ministry Photo of a Fleet Air Arm Vought Kingfisher I (2) | eBay

1592477277208.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
OS2U near NAS San Diego, 30 August 1945:

80-GK-6265.jpg

Scanned from a badly degraded color transparency (80-GK-6265) at the National Archives, College Park.

While much of the original color has been "restored" via PhotoShop, the color scheme of this aircraft is somewhat of a mystery. While the vertical tail seems to be Intermediate Blue, the rest of the aircraft seems to be painted Glossy Sea Blue. The three yellow wing stripes may be repeated on the left wing, but there's no indication of the stripes' purpose...

Cheers,

Dana

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Where have you read that about the copyright? The seller i mean.

Where have you read that about the copyright? The seller i mean.

Hi Snautzer,

I wasn't referring to the seller, but to the copyright notification at the top of most of the drawings. It's bogus, since the folks claiming copyright were neither the creators nor the purchasers of the original rights. The seller is perfectly OK selling the drawings in this case, and you're perfectly fine - and much appreciated - posting the drawings here.

Cheers,

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread

Back