What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wylie Coyote, my favorite cartoon character. Nothing could kill the dude...........

Mine is simple to figure it out but there is two sides of the story. First, I was a huge fan of watching Baa Baa Black Sheep on televison during the 70's - hence the name Black Sheep squadron along with the 214. Oh yeah - I do love the F4U-1 Corsair aircraft.

The flip side has something to do with the Black Sheep itself. Back in the days of first person shooter gaming, I belong to a Delta Force 2 gaming squad called The Halfbreeds (still there) and went by the call sign of IcemanTHB. Since I haven't played DF2 in 5 plus years, I'm considered a lost Black Sheep whom my squadmates is holding out hope for me to finally reurn to the online gaming battlefield and Delta Company. I personally suggested our Delta Co. patch be a photo of a Black sheep.

Here's the link of THB's own Delta Force Black Sheep squad:

The Half Breeds: Delta logo

Click there and find Iceman. You will see the face behind the name. LOL!

My father had many qualifications, and one was a gunsmith. He was a professional shooter and owned a firearms dealership when I was a kid, and I worked in his gun shop for a few years. One day I picked up this really big ugly service rifle, out of a huge box of ex military surplus, and took it to the rifle range to try it out. It shot better than any other military rifle I have ever used, and to this day, the Pattern 14 Enfield is still my favourite. It was a U.S manufactured Remington, and you can still pick them up for a reasonable price, if you look hard enough. It used the .303 service round, and you could handload it fairly hot as the action was stronger than the standard SMLE .303, and the cases did not stretch much at all. I gave up shooting years back now, but memories die hard.

One of my ancestors was a veteran of one of the first, and in proportion to the populations involved, bloodiest wars on what became US soil. It's a less than complimentary term for either New Englanders from southeastern Connecticut and Rhode Island (my ancestor was one of the early settlers in that part of Connecticut) or for New Englanders whose ancestors arrived after the Revolutionary War.

One of my ancestors was a veteran of one of the first, and in proportion to the populations involved, bloodiest wars on what became US soil. It's a less than complimentary term for either New Englanders from southeastern Connecticut and Rhode Island (my ancestor was one of the early settlers in that part of Connecticut) or for New Englanders whose ancestors arrived after the Revolutionary War.
I am a major researcher into the Un-Civil war.
Never heard of that one before, Thanks for the info!

Lacrosse for Martin MGM-18 Lacrosse and Dart for Aerophysics SSM-A-23 Dart, both US Army tactical missiles of early 1950's vintage as is yours truly.

Originally Posted by GermansRGeniuses
....but it's spelled wrong...

General Douglas McArthur.
It's still spelled wrong, it's MacArthur. Trust me on this, the guy is buried here and they actually named a shopping mall after him.
A few posts later:

GermansR, its SUPOSED to be spelled wrong, so I don't get copyrighted or something for using his name in a story I might publish. That, and its what I use online and in games.

But then again, that exchange between GrG and Mac took place back in 2006 :lol:

I humbly accept the rebuke, GrauGeist, in my defense I did see the exchange that you referred to after I had posted my message. If I knew that I could delete my post, I would have but I am not as yet sufficiently familiar with the system to know if that is possible. I go and will endeavor to sin no more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back