What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After reading through this,

yeah, I think I'm going to like it here.

anyway, I go by GrumpyBadger or some form of that, on most forums. Be they Star Wars, my reenactment stuff, or pretty much anything, I like to stick with this for the most part.

Basically, I got it when a couple friends and I were talking, over drinks about what our animal totems could or would be. It actually started out as a 400 level anthro class assignment for me, and I was asking a friend who is Navajo. He in his typical joking manner asked us what we thought ours would be first, before going into his culture's lore and how they could be chosen, if they were at all.

At first, I told him my two would have to be either a cat, like a mountain lion (because I volunteered helping tag these animals for a while) or a bear because of certain tendencies I have that I'll explain in detail a bit further.

Daniel (my Navajo buddy) laughed and liked how I had picked bear from the start. All of us had fun with this, but then one of my other friends, whose nickname is Stubbs or as we like to call him "Stubbsie" because of his missing finger from an offroad accident, blurted out "a bear?!? c'mon, a bear?!? really? for Pat?! No... No... y'all ain't creative enough. He's a * grumpy * badger!!" :lol:

and yes, the rated G version of that, I must admit has stuck with me ever since.

I went to university, after being in the US Coast Guard and such, and so I was automatically the "old man" in the dorm at the ripe old age of 28... yeah, I know how "Pappy" Boyington felt now! And in that, I am a wee bit cynical, and I don't make close friends easily, even when they may think we are. These four guys are some of my closest friends now, and they became such rather quickly. I actually hope to fly with them soon on "Birds of Steel" on XBox360 starting this November, and hopefully we can get a squadron of sorts (1941's theme song playing in my head now because of the shenanigans) flying... hopefully!

but yeah, I'm basically a grumpy old badger apparently on first impressions and then "Pat, you're like a tattoo. You contemplate about it, you design it, you find someone you trust to permanently ink it on you. Then you get it. And it hurts like a *, but when it's all said and done, you at least enjoy the memories and adventures getting it" after people get to know me...

yeah, still don't know if that was a compliment or not, but coming from one of my other "good ol'boys" I'll take it such gladly.

also, if y'all are ever on any XBox360 related forums, like Birds of Steel has at Gaijin, I usually go by my Xbox tag: CudaFish1966. That one is because I absolutely love the 1966 Barracuda Forumla S, and I play Forza a lot.

anyway

fair winds and following seas

pat

Hiromachi - my nickname represents Japanese Ace pilot, Shinohara Hiromachi. He was a gifted marksman who had consistently obtained the highest scores in any firing skirmishes and training duels. His commander, Capt. Shimada described him as one who was not conspicuous in peacetime, but who excelled in battle. He likened him to Isamu Kondo, a famous Samurai and traditional hero of Edo era. Frequently Shinohara attacked enemy formations single-handed, by the surprise taking down 2-3 planes and hiding in the clouds to make another attack. His aircraft was very often hit, on 25th July his Ki-27 was hit in left wing fuel tank and he was forced to crash land in Soviet-held territory, where his aircraft was surrounded by tanks. However Sgt Maj Koichi Iwase from the same chutai, landed alongside and flew Shinohara back to base safely.

There is a lot of concerns about his "score", but I never cared about it. For me the person was important. And plane he was flying as I really like the Ki-27.

GingahNinja....well I'm a red head and from Boston so the the "er" in ginger is pronounced with the "ah" sound.

The whole ninja portion came way back when I was playing semi-pro paintball. Me and a team-mate were nicknamed Gingah Ninja's by the rest of the team because of our playing style. Just a funny nickname I've had since that's a play off the Boston accent and the good times I had playing paintball.

A part 135 company I worked for about 20 years ago identified their pilot's by thier first three letters of their last name and the the first letter of their first name.

So I'd be "Weip"?
That sucks.
It doesn't suit me at all....
I think "Painless" is so much better.
After all, the guys that gave it to me were my brothers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back