What kind of pets do you have?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is the best photo I have ever taken of my very camera shy dog, Max. He is a rescued Great Pyranees. When I got him at one year old from a shelter he weighed 80 lbs, had heart worm and hook worm. Two years and close to $800 later, he weighs in at a healthy 120 lbs. He's my best bud and goes with me everywhere.

2011_0320robinscamera20110031_640x480.JPG

Last edited:
This is Meatloaf, my five-legged chihuahua, and his little friend Crowbar, the latest addition to my limited bed space.
muttsx2.jpg

This is my older girl, Cheyann, a full-blooded Doberman. She is 2YO and weighs in at 85lbs (39kilos) and stands abot 26in (66cm) and her shoulders. Cheyann and a tough time accepting Breena but the two of them are great pals now. Cheyann lords it over Breena who is smaller (right now) but by a Year Breena will be 2X Cheyann's size

Attachments

• P1010629R.jpg
    P1010629R.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 138
  • P1010633R.jpg
    P1010633R.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 143
  • P1010636R.jpg
    P1010636R.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 137
  • P1010643R.jpg
    P1010643R.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 141
Beautiful dogs Mike and everyone else! My brother's family had a rabbit that tore him up when the rabbit got upset for some unknown reason. My brother was bleeding in many spots when the fight (slaughter) was ended. No small part of the problem was he and his wife being ardent Monty Python fans, they couldn't stop laughing at the first sign of the rabbit's aggression. They were toast. Here's my own baby inherited from my son whose 12 hour shifts weren't conducive to keeping the pup. He is an old (approaching 14) Chow Chow named Sun Tzu Shown variously in his favorite environment (snow) and with some of his buds)

Attachments

• IMG_0900acrop.jpg
    IMG_0900acrop.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0913crop.jpg
    IMG_0913crop.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Dogs August 2011.JPG
    Dogs August 2011.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 136
  • P1010050.JPG
    P1010050.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
A dog named Bruno. A mix of every small breed known to man with none of the brain cells. If I scold him, he will chase his tail. Even though his food bowl is holding one coffee mug measure of dog food, if he sees a 1/2 inch of metal at the bottom, it is considered empty and he will stare at me until I move the food around to cover the metal spot. This forum is not big enough to list the lesser excentricities.

014.jpg

Geo

Last edited:
Not a fan of small dogs, hence the Irish Wolfound but is is a cute pooch. He'd have a long wait for me to fiddle with his food bowl, bet he'd find the food if he got hungry enough. I had to get a 6QT bowl and we fill it twice a day. 40lbs of Eucanuba High Performance lasts about 3 weeks or less

A dog named Bruno. A mix of every small breed known to man with none of the brain cells. If I scold him, he will chase his tail. Even though his food bowl is holding one coffee mug measure of dog food, if he sees a 1/2 inch of metal at the bottom, it is considered empty and he will stare at me until I move the food around to cover the metal spot. This forum is not big enough to list the lesser excentricities.

Geo

Mine stands over his water bowl, still nearly full from the night before, and looks at me with what I take to be utter contempt. "You want me to drink 'old' water? And I thought you loved me." It's ok, he's just channeling my wife.

Last edited:
Yea, the water bowl is a big deal, my slobber hounds get their whole muzzle wet, dribble on the hardwood floor, looking for the nearest lap. They also fill the bowl with food crumbs and it gets nasty after a bit so water get changed 5 - 6 times a day

Yea, the water bowl is a big deal, my slobber hounds get their whole muzzle wet, dribble on the hardwood floor, looking for the nearest lap. They also fill the bowl with food crumbs and it gets nasty after a bit so water get changed 5 - 6 times a day

Evidently your dogs have been communicating with mine. I've been wondering about that phone bill. :confused:

I figure owning a dog, you've either got a slobber hound or a compulsive licker (mine). Either way you better accept dog salva as their most precious gift to offer. :(

Then of course there is also a water bowl dominence behavior. My brother's black lab would go into his canine buddy's back yard and the first thing he'd inevitably do is put one paw into the other dog's bowl and knock it over.

Their personalities are just too much.

Last edited:
Sun Tzu loves cats, and always tries to make friends with the local felines with limited success. (Takes after the old man in both the attempt and the failure rate :( ) Evidently he may be having some success on that front. Yestday morning I found a dead baby rabbit just outside the door to the back deck. Looks like cat work to me and some sort of offering made to my pooch. Not sure if it means: I like you too, or please eat this and not me...:confused:

We have a dog who won't drink out of the bowl if its less than half full. His collar clinks on the metal bowl and scares him. Yep. Our fearless guardian. One of the cats will take stuff and drop it in the water bowl, I guess to see if it floats. I swear we don't let her watch Letterman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back