Thread: Boneyard/graveyards of WW2 Bombers

Post Thanks / Like

Boneyard/graveyards of WW2 Bombers

I am looking for an old ww2 style bomber similar to the b 24 and b 25.

Plane does NOT need to functional. Plane is to be used only for decoration.

I am located in NY. Where in the tri state area would I be able to find the remains of these ww2 bombers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Start checkin around the local airports. There's ALWAYS some broken-down planes in an old parking lot waaaaaaaaaay on the backside of the airport somewhere. Seems like every one I drive by has some old propjob commuter plane from the 50's or 60's sitting on flat tires, in various states of disrepair. Other than that, there's that airplane graveyard in.....Arizona or Nevada somewhere.

Pillage, then burn.

Argue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well on toast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tucson has the old military airplane boneyard. But anything of WWII vintage has long since been either melted down for ingots or is in horrid shape.

You said you need it for "decoration". Is it a static display for outside, or as museum, or something like that? Or is it for a temporary display?

If you are looking for a more permanent static display, you might want to check with Aero Trader. They are well known for their B-25 restorations, and if anyone would know where to look, or who to ask, they would probably be your best resource.
    Aero Trader

> I Support Doug Gilliss <

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. Leonardo Da Vinci

IP/Mech THE GREAT GAZOO FLYBOYJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pantera142 View Post
    I am looking for an old ww2 style bomber similar to the b 24 and b 25.

Plane does NOT need to functional. Plane is to be used only for decoration.

I am located in NY. Where in the tri state area would I be able to find the remains of these ww2 bombers.
    Get a copy of Trade-a-plane or the Pacific Flyer, sometimes there are hulks being sold or even given away.

You might find a B-25, don't hold your breath for a B-24.