Revell Junkers 88 A1 1:32scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From me too a BIG thank you for sharing those pics !
They will help very much to superdetail the large scale 88 ....

Hi 88 thanks for the pics mate they are really helpfull i can now do the interior of my kit justice thanks again your a diamond mate

Hi 88A1,
You are certainly giving us some great pictures of your restoration project. That's fantastic work you are doing over there in Gardermoen.
I am a new member to this site and have gained such a lot of info for my model from here and from Ju88.com
I noticed in one of the recent pictures of the bola the two location points for the cockpit access ladder (sadly missing from the kit!) on the edge of the main bola just inside of the hinge points. I would love to have a go at scratch-building a ladder, but I would need a bit of information. How long is each section, how wide is the ladder and what is the distance between each rung? Also what is the thickness of the tubing? It would be great if you could post detail pictures of the ladder hinges and the footplate at the bottom. I also noticed in some photos of 88s that the ladder is attached to the fuselage just behind the wing. For climbing on to the wing, I guess? Are there location holes in the fuselage side to attach the ladder? If you could help with any of this it would be great.
Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Deecee

thanks for the email :) I will do some measurements and take some pics of the ladder when i am at the museum and have some time and post it here !!
i think they just leaned the ladder on the side of the fuselage and wings when it was used in that location..as there are no attachmentspoints in that area for the ladder
glad you liked the infor and the website :)

hi 88 thanks for the picks hit a small snag with my kit wonder if you had the same prob the interior side wall on the left hand side of the cockpit is warped did not notice this until i got the darn thing together if you had the prob how did you get over it let us know if poss ta .

Hi 88 yes ithink i have solved the prob just had to tack it bit by bit from the back to the front seems ok that is one hell of a detailed cockpit .Sorry to ask but you could,nt post some picks of the seat belts so i can either source them or scratch build them thanks .BB

and a small note..the small "window" in the lower back of the fuselage should not be painted

Attachments

• schleppantenna vindow.jpg
    schleppantenna vindow.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 95
Hi 88 thanks for the info will give the sight a look thanks also for the info on the small window as revell show it as being painted what about the two small clear ones on top thanks. BB

the two small on on top is painted over !! but today ( curios by the request regarding the seatbelts i made a little study in the 88 and i realized that the pilot AND the bombadier has a full seatbeltset.. shoulderharness and seatbelts.
the two in the back has only seatbelts an no shoulderstraps

here is the attachmentpoins for the seatbelts on the bombadierseat in the 88

Attachments

• museum 001.jpg
    museum 001.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 90
  • museum 002.jpg
    museum 002.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 91
it kinda gives the impression on how cramped it must have been in that A/C during combat.. i sure wouldent like to sit in there in a dive or during a hevy dogfight..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back