I'll Trade U 4 That.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi guys

After I saw two builds someone did on a F-15 and YF-22 I was inspired to do a modern aircraft. I went to my stash where I have an F-14 Super Tomcat and F-18 Super Hornet both by Revell and in 1/48 scale. They are way to big for me. If I was to build them they would never fit in my cabinet which means they would sit on it (barley) and collect dust. I would be willing to trade them together or individually for something(s) in 1/72. I opened the F-14 last night but the part bags are still sealed. The F-18 is unopened.

revell-4729-f14d.jpg

I grabbed this photo of the web but couldn't find the same for the F18 I have. I will post the actual photos sometime tonight.

Hey dirkpitt289, I still have these 3 kits: (posted these about a year ago - http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/modeling/ill-trade-u-4-a-8323-7.html#post443733)
I didn't think this thread was around anymore..but I'm glad it is!

Hey, I have 3 modern kits that I'm not needing. I've had them for well over 12 years now, and I just don't see myself building them in the near future (or distant future, for that matter)...

They are:
BEN 1/100 scale Grumman A-6A
BEN 1/100 scale Douglas A-4E
BEN 1/100 scale Vought A-7A

All are NIB, the plastic wrap is even intact on the A-6 and A-7...

Not sure what I could use in trade, but if anyone's interested, let me know!

1/100 scale is a pretty decent size for detail, just a bit smaller than 1/72.

I somehow ended up with 2 x Special Hobby 1/72 Messerschmitt ME 264's (p/n 72025)! :oops:

In a perfect world I would like to swap one of my Special Hobby 1/72 Messerschmitt ME 264's for a Special Hobby 1/72 Messerschmitt ME 264 "with BMW 801 engines" (p/n 72156).

Any other knuckle-heads out there that bought 2 x Messerschmitt ME 264 "with BMW 801 engines" and are looking to get a kit of the ealier version?

Or sane people that just want the Jumo powered version, instead of the BMW version?

Will entertain both.

Hoping against hope, Jim

I bought a Revell 1/48 B-17 about 6 years ago and made/painted the cockpit sections and cut a hole ready for the open crew trap door ( hole needs thinning and building with putty to get 100% spot on). It has two Eduard photo-etched detail sets which were £10 each and remain unused though open. I also have a whole pile of information on the original planes missions. I think the kit was about £30 so I must have lashed out £50 on it.

Would anyone be interested in a swap for something smaller? Maybe a couple of smaller WW11 kits in 1/48, Spits, Hurricane or P-40's P-51 or P-38? Or maybe a 1/72 scale B-17 or Liberator?

I don't have display space for it in my new house and so it would be better going to a new home. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back