1/32 Ki-61-I Hien

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Guys,

As mentioned earlier, I was able to break away from the family and take a few pics of the K-61 and where I am presently in the build.

I got the fuselage together and did some sanding on the seams whiich are mostly done. I also rescribed some of the panel lines on the top of the fuselage behind the cockpit.
I also put together the Master Ho-103 12.7mm Brass MG's. They are not glued in place as yet on the engine cowling as I still have to nail down their positioning i.e. They were in a staggered position

IMG_0747a800.JPG
IMG_0748a800.JPG

IMG_0750a800.JPG
IMG_0749a800.JPG

IMG_0751a800.JPG
IMG_0757a800.JPG

IMG_0758a8000.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

Yes the master barrels are very nice. I was considering not using them on this build as this a/c was used to ram a B-29 and supposedly had the MG's removed, however all my references of this plane show the MG's still in place.

I think it is the same kite with the no.24 on wheel bay doors. These wing strips can seem to be of red becuase the picture might have been taken with the isochromatic negative. The layout of camo spots seen at the engine cowling is the same like in other images of the Ki-61.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back