1/32 Tamiya P-51D-5 "Little Eva III"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

EyaZ0Qc.jpg

4JsQhm4.jpg

And finally, time to paint the metallic colors....
For the silver dope wings, there were 2 candidates, tamiya's LP-11 or AS-12,I chose the tamiya's LP-11, to my eyes a bit greyer ...
For the bare metal i chose the new A-Stand, High Shine plus aluminium color from Mig. I made a lot of tests and i thing it is one of the best bare metal colors.
I think you should give it a try!!!
I sprayed it over a shiny black primer, not gloss...i also tested it over a shiny plain grey plastic...the outcome was perfect for me!!!!

UpPNCvr.jpg

zxALX1u.jpg

5iduSyY.jpg

X7CEbns.jpg

0ESONnv.jpg

U28pekr.jpg

FAtK3HB.jpg

TyHZCEG.jpg

y80q8jU.jpg

I sprayed the fuselage and tail codes, gloss varnish (i sprayed tamiya x-22, i did not notice any loss on the bare finish, please comment if you have any remarks) placed the decals and wet transfers from HGW...

WcjmbqU.jpg

3SkU7HZ (1).jpg

I glued the exhausts (they are from Rexx, soft thin metal, already burned). It took me some time as i had to line them up perfectly...and i also whethered them with tamiya and mig pastels.

QjVCgZc.jpg

OPQU3U5.jpg

Next a light gloss varnish and pastel wash. I was afraid to use oil washes even if i had sprayied the x-22!!!
I was really amazed how the wash picked up all the details!!!!!

p7Z8RyM.jpg

3SkU7HZ.jpg

Finally i glued the resin flaps from Amur....really amazing how real they seem but a PITA to glue them!!!

Qs8hpWt.jpg

XjF4uwG.jpg

Next and final step...whethering. I am not for the really abused bird....
Hope you like it so far, feel free to comment

John

Attachments

• K7ez6u4.jpg
    K7ez6u4.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys!!!
I finished weathering the ''lady'', put on her shoes, the external tanks, wrapped up all the details and bits and i am presenting her to you!!
Hope you like it!!
I really loved my journey with her!!!

bC1Fh2E.jpg

dfahTpO.jpg

NHGZlpy.jpg

rOV4lGq.jpg

A5Pyvmj.jpg

CmsWhV2.jpg

eHiVGrr.jpg

iUvbj09.jpg

ONhsFBK.jpg

w7JW8CQ.jpg