A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In the Future Releases at Hannants:

Description: Short Stirling Mk.I
Manufacturer: Italeri
Code Number: IT1335
Scale: 1:72 Scale

Well, time for Airfix to pick up the challenge, right?

It's a shame it's not available now. I've just ordered the old Airfix kit, as I have to have a diorama built and completed by July 12th, for a museum in Godmanchester, UK.
Would have been nice to have a longer deadline, and be able to use the Italeri kit. Ah well.

It's a shame it's not available now. I've just ordered the old Airfix kit, as I have to have a diorama built and completed by July 12th, for a museum in Godmanchester, UK.
Would have been nice to have a longer deadline, and be able to use the Italeri kit. Ah well.

So the Italeri is a new kit and not a re-pop?

Yes Jim, the Italeri kit of the Stirling, following their recent Sunderland kit, will be a brand-new moulding. If it's anything like their Sunderland, it should be good.
The only other 1/72nd scale kit of the Stirling was (and is) from Airfix, first released in the mid 1960's, and still going ! The Airfix kit can produce a nice model, but the mouldings and detail are definitely 1960's standard - quite detailed for the time, but crude, or at least basic, by today's standards.

Hopefully, Airfix will accept the 'glove in the face' challenge and produce a better Short Stirling than Italeri, preferably in 1/48, but one in 1/72 will do......for now!

:lol:

Nothing confirmed (and I hope nobody has posted this in here yet, if so, I apologize), but Tamiya's been all over Fighter Factory's Mosquito apparently. Don't be shocked if a 1/32 FB comes out.

Still waiting to see what the next Corsair will be, has anyone heard anything?

Yep. And it'll be released one week after I eventually finish my conversion of the old Revell 1/32nd scale kit!
So Revell, get your skates on, and bring out a 1/32nd scsale Mosquito FBVI, to the same standard as the Ju88, He111 etc, before Tamiya do, and at a quarter of the price !!
They'd have as much success as did the real Mossie !!

I see that Revell is releasing a 1/48 Northrop P-61B Black Widow, Due in August 2014, re-boxing, or....
Also, Hobby Boss have 11(!) different F-4U on their list, among them, the Mk.II and Mk.III....

Next release from HK Models is a Dornier Do335 in 1/32nd scale. Suggested retail price is £162.99, and Relish Models in the UK have it at pre-order price of £142.99. No further news on the release date of the 1/32nd scale Lancaster as yet.

Yep. Slightly strange that HK have decided to release such a kit in this scale, when there are loads of types modellers would sell their sister for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back