A few more future releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The advent of 3d modelling, and 3D cnc machining is allowing quick turnaround for these kits. Virtually two people can produce everything needed for injection molding. And 3D printing can prove before machining. I want a 3d printer for Christmas, Fat chance tho.

Talking of 3D printing, I've just spotted a kit on Hannant's web site, designed on CAD, produced via a 3D printer, in resin, with PE parts, of a PZL TS-11 'Iskra', in 1/48th scale, by a company called Arma, from Poland.
This caught my interest, until I saw the price ... wait for it ...... £64.99 !!!!

I saw somewhere, that there might be a Mirage III in the works for 2015, in 1/32!
Been looking at Italeri's 1/32 Starfighter, until, as Terry put it, I saw the price, around 90 bangers!?

Hello,

Certainly my future project

1/48 ICM => Spitfire Mk.VIII flown by L. C. Wade
JF472.JPG

1/48 Hasegawa => Spitfire Mk.IXc flown by C. F. Gray
EN520.jpg

But I hesitate with EN190 (problem with the code: FL A ou FL K ?)

Just been talking to Iris, in the LHS, about this. After all I've said in the past about Airfix, and some of their actions, it really is great to see them back on form. Their new Gnat is superb, and this Hurricane looks the biz, and at a realistic price too - take note, certain other manufacturers !
Looks like I might be replacing those in the stash for the BoB collection, whilst hoping they do the Do-17 in 1/48th relatively soon, too.
And Karl, after our talk the other day about the Buccaneer, with the re-release of the Lightning, there's a good chance the Buc could follow soon I think.
Now, how about some other 1/48th scale 'goodies' - start your list here, allowing at least 100 pages !!!

Just been talking to Iris, in the LHS, about this. After all I've said in the past about Airfix, and some of their actions, it really is great to see them back on form. Their new Gnat is superb, and this Hurricane looks the biz, and at a realistic price too - take note, certain other manufacturers !
Looks like I might be replacing those in the stash for the BoB collection, whilst hoping they do the Do-17 in 1/48th relatively soon, too.
And Karl, after our talk the other day about the Buccaneer, with the re-release of the Lightning, there's a good chance the Buc could follow soon I think.
Now, how about some other 1/48th scale 'goodies' - start your list here, allowing at least 100 pages !!!

Airfix have knocked out some superb kits of late !

i would almost die laughing if the release the Buccaneer after the knob on ebay payed £40 for a half built one the other day !!!

yes a Do17 would be nice, same with Revell re release the He111 for next year !

Yeah, I laughed at that too, and at some of the others. Daft sods pay the Earth, when sometimes the kit is still current, at less price, or at places like KK for less still !
I wonder if Airfix will do the 1/48th scale Vulcan that was talked about at a Trade Fair a few years back? Heck, it would need a garage to build it and keep it in !!!

Yeah, I laughed at that too, and at some of the others. Daft sods pay the Earth, when sometimes the kit is still current, at less price, or at places like KK for less still !
I wonder if Airfix will do the 1/48th scale Vulcan that was talked about at a Trade Fair a few years back? Heck, it would need a garage to build it and keep it in !!!

1/48 Vulcan would be a nice shelf to keep my Spitfire collection on !

And welcome to World Wide Fools United !
I like the look of the RAF ground equipment and Crossley fuel bowser. I wonder what else will be released for the BoB 75th anniversary ?
About time there were more 1/48th scale accessories and 'soft skinned' vehicles, and some more would be welcome, such as later fuel bowsers, trucks and so on. There has been very little in the way of RAF ground equipment over the years.

After seeing Jan's post with the new Airfix items, I had a quick look at their web site - and WOW !!

I mentioned that some trucks would be nice, and my wish is granted! Apart from the 1/48th scale Albion fuel bowser (not Crossley, as I originally stated!), and the ground crew and equipment set, Airfix are also releasing a Bedford MWD truck - great news, and a great start. I can see at least one of these finding its way into a diorama !
Alongside the new 1/48th scale Hurricane, there is also a new 1/48th scale Spitfire Mk1a, with detailed gun bays, cockpit etc, and, for 1/72nd scale fans, there is even more in the way of 'new tool' aircraft kits, including a BP Defiant, Beaufighter, Nakajima 'Kate' (with a wing-fold option), and a Wil ... one of those things.
Larger types include a Sea King, Heinkel He111-P, and - wait for it - a Shackleton !
The latter can be built as various versions of the Mk2, the 'tail dragger', and the last version to see service, and is sure to be a huge hit, as modellers have been crying out for a 'Shack' for as long as I can remember.

Excellent news, and it's great to see Airfix back in the game properly, and even though 1/72nd is not 'my' scale, with this impressive line-up of new kits, I'm sure the 'name' will once again be as popular and sought after as it used to be over the past 60 plus years.
Very well done indeed Airfix and Hornby. Now, can you do something about the Humbrol paint brand please ................

Where's your Buccaneers ?
Under my buckin hat !
I can see it now - Karl will 'win' a Buccaneer the week after Christmas, having said 'Sod it' and paid the asking price. Then in mid-January, Airfix will re-release the kit, with improvements and modifications, at around £25 !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back