A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hobby bosses new Swalbe in 1/48 scale.

??Me 262 A-1a???-1/48??-HobbyBoss??

They did the recce version previously, this one is the fighter version and supposedly they will do a 2 seater version in the future.

I don't own any hobby boss kits so don't know anything about their quality but I think this one is nice one.

Screen cap of the english translation.

translate.png

Link to sprue shots if your interested.

AeroScale :: Double Schwalbe

Last edited:
Good stuff chaps.

I don't think I posted this, so here goes.
Sword 1/48th scale E.E. Lightning T4 and T5 kits are imminent, although no prices yet.
If they're anything like their 1/72nd scale series of Lightning kits, they should be excellent, and very reasonable, price wise - their fully detailed, including PE parts, 1/72nd scale lightnings are comparable in price to the basic (but very good) re-tooled Airfix kit.
And especially for Karl - Xtradecal have already released decal sheets for them, which include an OCU machine from Middleton St.George.
I think I'll definitely have to break my 'No More Kits' rule (again!!), and add one to the stash to be left to Karl and my daughter in my Will !

Good stuff chaps.

Sword 1/48th scale E.E. Lightning T4 and T5 kits are imminent, although no prices yet.
If they're anything like their 1/72nd scale series of Lightning kits, they should be excellent, and very reasonable, price wise - their fully detailed, including PE parts, 1/72nd scale lightnings are comparable in price to the basic (but very good) re-tooled Airfix kit.
And especially for Karl - Xtradecal have already released decal sheets for them, which include an OCU machine from Middleton St.George.
I think I'll definitely have to break my 'No More Kits' rule (again!!), and add one to the stash to be left to Karl and my daughter in my Will !

that will save me buying one then Dogsbody !

though seriously it looks like i will be getting another real Lightning and some decals then !

going to ask the wife right now for my pocket money !

Good stuff Red Two. I think my brother has probably got some good colour shots of the M.St.G Lightnings, and I probably have some grainy B&W pics too, somewhere.
I really shouldn't get any more kits, as I have enough to get through - too many for my current state of health - but I was considering a later Lightning to add to the F1A anyway, maybe a F6 in camouflage, and a two-seater just has to be added to the list, especially one that was (at the time) a 'local boy' !!

Good stuff Red Two. I think my brother has probably got some good colour shots of the M.St.G Lightnings, and I probably have some grainy B&W pics too, somewhere.
I really shouldn't get any more kits, as I have enough to get through - too many for my current state of health - but I was considering a later Lightning to add to the F1A anyway, maybe a F6 in camouflage, and a two-seater just has to be added to the list, especially one that was (at the time) a 'local boy' !!

have already been looking and found a few B/W shots, 226 OCUhad a nice colour scheme !

537-middleton-st.-george-1963.jpg

1050653F.jpg

and i did one in GB 17 David, they are not bad at all, nose area requres a bit of extra attention but they scrub up well I think.

Interesting. Thanks Wayne and very nice 262 you built there. I have checked out John's build in GB26 and the kit like looks pretty good.

Hearing rumours that Tamiya's next 1/32 kit is going to be a ME-262....

Good stuff chaps.

True indeed old chap, posted that a few days ago...on the 21st, seen a boxart somewhere as well!

Sword is releasing a BAC/EE Lightning T Mk.4 in 1/48....

Well that's an odd number old boy, and we can't have that, can we? Better get one to even things up, what ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back